Sting Rays+island tour or Stings Rays+ snorkeling+ Rum Point

Iceman-007

Should I take the tour with nativeways that visits Sting Ray City and a island tour or the one that visits The sting rays and goes snorkelling at Barrier Reef and visits Rum Point.

Also do I have to worry about being bit by a moray eel for example I might accidentlly hit one while snorkelling. Can I avoid the dangerous moray eels completely?

Is it worth an extra 30$ to go to Rum Point?

Dude,

Just relax, don't put your hand in dark places, and go with the flow. Snorkelling involves just watching the scene below you. Unless you are grabbing things or blindly putting your hands and fingers somewhere, you will not have any problems. You will wear a flotation device so that should alleviate any worries about sinking, and you are part of a big group that is well supervised. Have fun!!!

My boys and I did Rays, Reef and Rum Point with NativeWay and I would go again in a minute. It's a great tour. The moray eel at the reef is way down there - the only person swimming down in that area was our guide, and he was down there with food in hand specifically to coax the eel out of the rocks. He only pops out for a few seconds. I'd bet that if any of the tourists began to swim down there, the guide would stop them. The guides are very good and very concerned for your safety. And Rum Point is gorgeous and a perfect end to your trip. We spent a good two hours there. The food was decent, but beer was expensive. The sand, the totally clear water and view from the beach are worth the extra $$! Just be ready to fork over about $6 or $7US if you want to enjoy a cold one while you're there! But it's worth it.

Archived