Childs car seat

jean95404

We are leaving out of San Pedro for the Mexican cruise. I have been contacting several shuttle and car services to reserve transportation for 8 of us. (7 adults and a 12 month old child).

Princess wants $50pp each way and does not provide a car seat. They said, "Since it's an infant they don't need a carseat. A parent can hold her." Not in California they can't. In checking with most other services they say they do not provide car seats.

Anyone on the Board know of a transport company that does provide a child seat. Or do we just bring our own?

:rolleyes:

Thanks

Having traveled extensively with our five children- my recommendation is to always bring your own. Even if you find a service that provides them there is no telling what condition they will be in or if it's the right type for your child. If your child is still small enough to fit into an infant carseat that is the most portable. It's not worth taking the chance of no carseat or an inferior one for even one trip.

Just mho...

Kay

I believe that on buses in California, a car seat is not required. I am not saying it is a good idea.

Might a suggest you rent a car/van from Enterprise with a car seat? There is an office about 1/2 mile from the San Pedro terminal where you can return it.

Greg

We are leaving out of San Pedro for the Mexican cruise. I have been contacting several shuttle and car services to reserve transportation for 8 of us. (7 adults and a 12 month old child).

Princess wants $50pp each way and does not provide a car seat. They said, "Since it's an infant they don't need a carseat. A parent can hold her." Not in California they can't. In checking with most other services they say they do not provide car seats.

Thanks

We have been taking a car seat with us for each cruise (checked it in the one time we flew with our toddler). On our last two cruises, we took the booster seat, along with a extra large duffle bag. We could take apart the base from the back, tie it up and place in the bag. Even though we live about 50 miles from our last port, we hired a car service (15 days worth of luggage, guitar case, etc. was not going to fit in either of our sedans' trunks). I fitted the booster into the towncar while the driver and my hubby got the luggage loaded. We weren't about to drive down the 405 without protecting our girl (we did the flyaway to the airport the time listed above without the car seat...just belted her in, but that did make us uneasy).

Car rental places do offer car seats for usually under $10/day but make sure to confirm in writing that it will be available. I would still try to bring your own seat if possible.

If you are flying into LAX, I would recommend renting a van from Enterprise. It will be a lot cheaper and much safer too. We did this last year and it was surprisingly easy. The Enterprise depot in San Pedro is walking distance the the ship. You can drive to the ship, drop all of your people and stuff off and then someone can return the van to Enterprise.

I don't understand the necessity of renting a van. Just tell the customer rep how much luggage you're planning on taking and maybe you can save on the cost. Also get it in writing (confirmation) that a car seat will be included -- and call the day before to doublecheck. You don't want to show up and find out all their seats have been already given out.

Another thing to check out (you can do so on the enterprise website) is the days and times the San Pedro location is open. I have read that the office closes by noon, but many locations are even closed on Sunday (I know that was the case two years ago in Seattle).

Archived