Millie Med Cruise Oct - What's the Temp?

1coconut

:confused: First time in the Med. I am booked on the 10/17/06 Venice to Barcelona Cruise on the Millie. What will the temperature be through the end of October? Will it be warm enough to wear capris or should I anticipate colder weather? Wool, jacket, etc.

Hi,

I did a cruise on Millennium starting on 28 October 2004. We had lovely weather for the whole cruise. I would say take clothes for every situation, along with a lightweight coat in case of showers.

You will have a wonderful time

Ian :D

I agree. The weather can be wonderful or you might meet showers. I always go to Spain in october and wear capri length trousers then. In fact you see tourists in shorts in October (whilst the locals are in their winter coats!) I think the best thing is to take a light raincoat and some clothes you can layer, rather than a warm coat. Believe it or not, I take a couple of light thermal vests so that if there is a cool evening I can keep warm without having to resort to thick jackets!

We sailed from Venice on Oct 25, 2005. Weather was in 60s and 70s most of the trip with a few days warmer and a few days (Barcelona and 1/2 day in Athens) cooler. Our weather was delightful - just a few drops of rain the whole time. I agree with layering. Mostly wore short sleeved shirts but on occasion a long sleeved one or light sweater was comfortable. Great time to go.

I haven't seen you on these boards before. Hope you registered for the Connections Party.

I have space on a tour on Santorini if you are interested. e-mail me at jlzalles@msn.com

Also, we are staying Monday 10/30 and Tuesday 10/31 in Barcelona. We have a great guide booked for both days if you are staying longer and want to join us one day going North to Girona area, and/or the other day going South to Historical Spain.

Caker,

Thanks. I've been reading the boards for years, but haven't participated much. I am signed up for the connections party. Sorry, but I booked my excursions already through Celebrity and am doing the Oia trip.

Hope to meet you next month!

Celebrity let's you cancel excursions with a full refund/credit. E-mail me your e-mail address, and I'll e-mail you the itinerary, and price, to compare.

jlzalles@msn.com

P.S. Do you play bridge, in case we have to get our own games up since Celebrity, according to other postings, has discontinued it as an activity.

Archived