Paradise

PeggySand

Hi All,

Since there are not very many threads about the Paradise, I decided to post some pictures on webshots from our Feb. 2006 4-night cruise. My DH and I are going on this same cruise on January 29th, 2007 because we live fairly close to the port. This time, we will be in an OV cabin. Last time, we were in a Cat. 1A bunkbed cabin because it was a "free" cruise for listening to a timeshare pitch. It was an adventure for four nights, but in the future, it will be an OV or balcony for sure! If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer them. Also, check out my Paradise review in the "review" section.

Don't sweat the small stuff,

Peggy

Just click on the photo to see my Paradise Album.........

2992735320096977293dWireN_th.jpg

Caribbean Dreams, We did not notice that this was a big party ship. I believe the three-night sailing is a bit more rowdy than the four-night from what I have heard. Of course, the three-night right before we boarded was the Super Bowl sailing, so it was really crazy!! This cruise is great for a short, inexpensive getaway. We had PERFECT weather on our February sailing. Beautiful, warm days but not too hot to enjoy yourself. As you know, the weather is always a crap-shoot, you never know what you will get. Hey, it's Southern California, how bad can it be??

Rey, I can't remember how much the Yellow Sub tour was, but I can look it up later from our paperwork. If you have kids, they will really enjoy it.

Happy Cruising,

Peggy

Peggysand, cool Paradise pics - brought back good memories. The mini golf must be new.

It wasn't too rowdy when I went - although a lot of individual drunks causing problems during things like the muster drill.

Southbayer, did you post a review from the last cruise?

Thanks Peggy, the pictures really helped. This will be my first time on a Carnival cruise and booking a inside cabin; I'm use to cruising with Royal Caribbean, in which I always booked an OV cabin. So, I'm kind of wondering how my experience is going to be on a different cruise line. I hoping that it will be good just like Royal.

Does the Paradise do self-disembarkation?

Thanks.

keith

Yes it does. I just got off it on Sept 11th and we used it. The pool area was the party area, but not so much that it was too much. I was told it would be a big PARTY cruise but it wasn't much different from my 7 day. It's a very nice ship much better than the carnival ship I did my 7 day on. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

No wavecruiser, I didn't post a review for my sept 8-11 cruise ... As for the 3 day vs 4 day party atmosphere, my 3 day wasn't very outlandish at all... It was mellow, but people having fun. There were no drunks running back and forth, everyone was well behaved and Not obnixous.

But yeah, posting reviews - it takes C Critic like 3-5 weeks to get it posted up anyway. But I would say its just a nice 3 day getaway.....

So now I'm booked for Pride next month, and looking forward to that one again :D

Archived