Galaxy--should we ungrade to CC?

mountainmare

Okay--so this time I missed the window of opportunity, but I'm going to continue to watch. We are booked into a regular balcony cabin for the Galaxy in Feb. A few days ago they dropped the price of CC so that it was onlt a little more than our cabin, and there were two side by side cabins available.

I am aware of the perks for CC, and have a personal price point for what I feel I would pay to upgrade. My question is this:

The cabins on the Penthouse deck are below the Oasis Cafe. Usually we choose decks that are between cabins as opposed to public spaces because there might be noise issues. Now we are on Vista deck.

If and that is a BIG IF the price drops again should I upgrade to a cabin directly below the Oasis or should I be happy with our carefully chosen cabins?

I would not recommend upgrading for the sake of Concierge Class, for sure. We recently returned from the Galaxy and were very disappointed in the service and amenities. Even though we were one of the last to board, it took 1 1/2 hours to get our luggage to our room (so much for express luggage delivery). No glass of wine or champagne or wine waiting for us as we boarded, nor any assistance with our carry-on bags or other help to get to our stateroom. You get one (1) leather holder for your two (2) room cards. The flowers in our room were dead. The canapes were very sad. The special shampoo was the same one in the dispenser on the wall. The personalized stationary is stamped Celebrity Concierge Class then overprinted (run through a printer) to print your name and Concierge Class again (tacky). VIP invitations along with 1/2 the other guests on board, nothing intimate or special (we were actually UNinvited to one event). The towels were old, faded, and discolored. We waited over an hour and a half at Cannes to catch a tender. To boot, our cabin steward knocked on our door at 8AM on the last day and asked us to leave because he had to clean the room (forced early debarkation, I guess). The tote bag comes on the next to the last day (to ensure you'll give high marks on the satisfaction survey) and the umbrella is 4 feet long (handy to carry ashore) and not yours to keep. There is nothing special about CC. It's all hype.

ccpuff04

CCpuffo4

Do we detect some sour grapes? How many other cruises do you have to compare to your "unsatisfactory" rating for this one? How does one get "uninvited" to an event?

mountainmare

Go for the pampering you'll get in a CC if it fits into your budget - after all- isn't that what cruising is all about?

IF the price drops again should I upgrade to a cabin directly below the Oasis or should I be happy with our carefully chosen cabins?

No one addressed your conern about being below the restaurant, so just thought I would add that as nice as the perks of CC are, I think you have a valid concern in changing to a cabin below the restaurant. I think I would stick with the cabin between two decks of cabins, but a big price drop is hard to ignore.

Thank you susan-m

I think that I needed a dose of reality. At the risk of being flamed--and as alongtime HAL cruiser who gets many of the cc "perks" in any cabin booked I've set a pretty low price point to get the same size cabin but with "perks".

The truth is I would not pick a cabin below the restaurant and was drawn in by the bargain mentality.

I'm leaving for my first Celebrity experience in 16 days--and expect to be pampered, as will all guests reguardless of the cabin they booked. We have found that if you want to feel special all you have to do is always smile, be pleasant and make sure that the people who are taking care of you feel that they are special. I fully expect to have the same level of service that we have enjoyed on HAL.

Now if I can get a suite for a tiny bit more--thats a different story!!!

Archived