Queen Mary 2 -deck Ten - Junior Suties - How Is The Ride????

Terrence Richards

Hi, if you have been in a P1, P2, or P3 cabin catergory on Deck Ten, how did you find the ride with respect to pitch, wind, and noise?

Please let me know what catergory you were in and the cabin number if possible, so I can refer to the deck plans in the QM2 catalog.

We are presently booked on Deck Four in a sheltered balcony cabin that we were in for two previous crusies on the QM2. We found the cabin to be quiet and stable while sailing once to New England/Canada and once to the Caribbean.

Our next cruise on the QM2 is coming up on October 12, to New England/Canada. Our AAA travel consultant informed us today that Cunard was offering some free upgrades to the Grills for certain AAA already booked categories. The consultant will call me once the offer is examined.

Thanks for any advice.

Bon Voyage............Terrence and Loretta

Terrance: I just got back from QM2 NY to Canada on 9/6/06. Had cabin 10051. Jr suite on Deck 10. It was fabulous and we were in a storm with gale force winds and 20 ft waves the first 24 hrs. We were still able to sit on the deck with no problem as it is fairly protected from the wind and rain with overhang and side panels. I have never cruised before and I did not get sick. In fact I thought there was more rocking and pitching on the lower decks 2 &3 contrary to popular belief. The room is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Terry and Loretta,

Wow! That's a nice upgrade!

You may recall visiting our cabin #10019 last year on the Caribbean sailing. We loved it. However, when we hit that stormy weather out of New York with force 9 winds, we did find the cabin a bit noisy, more due to the creaking with the ship movement than due to the wind. Sleeping was difficult that night. The ship was very stable throughout the storm.

The cabin is large with a nice bathroom and walk-in closet. But, what we enjoyed most about the Junior suites was the Princess grill restaurant. In fact, we ate almost all our meals there (morning, noon and evening). It's no wonder that we gained weight!

We have two more Cunard sailings booked, one on the QE2, and one on the QM2. We are also considering the HAL Noordam, which should be somewhat similar to Cunard's new Queen Victoria.

Enjoy your New England/Canada cruise!

Alan

Hi, if you have been in a P1, P2, or P3 cabin catergory on Deck Ten, how did you find the ride with respect to pitch, wind, and noise?

Please let me know what catergory you were in and the cabin number if possible, so I can refer to the deck plans in the QM2 catalog.

We are presently booked on Deck Four in a sheltered balcony cabin that we were in for two previous crusies on the QM2. We found the cabin to be quiet and stable while sailing once to New England/Canada and once to the Caribbean.

Our next cruise on the QM2 is coming up on October 12, to New England/Canada. Our AAA travel consultant informed us today that Cunard was offering some free upgrades to the Grills for certain AAA already booked categories. The consultant will call me once the offer is examined.

Thanks for any advice.

Bon Voyage............Terrence and Loretta[/QUO

we sailed on april 2 2005 out of nyc ran into 40 ft waves half way to florida we did the stutter step a few times but never missed a meal a drink or anything else we were on 10 deck in cabin 10025 and the spray was hitting our balcony and the sliding glass door and it was great!!! Had every meal in the p-grill a wonderfull experience!! go and enjoy a truly great ship no matter where you dine or sleep!!bon voyage

Who cares? You'll be in a Princess Grill Jr Suite!

Well, okay, you probably do care. I was on the same trip as NeuKruiser. We were in 11035, which is actually an A1 or A2 Balcony. (I, too was upgraded from a Hull Hole balcony)

I was actually disappointed, becasue the ride was so smooth. Even that first night with the huge waves and wind. I remember being rocked to sleep on other ship.s Not so her! No rocking, rolling, surging. Nothing! Like riding in your living room, but with a lot more people and a lot more class!

There was a little bit of wind nose ONLY if you did't get your door pulled tight (to the balcony) Since 11 is a higher deck, if anything, any movement should be more pronounced. The is the first trip I have even been on where i did not have to "get my sea legs" nor did I have trouble adjustng to land when we got off the ship. That's how smooth sailing she is.

Karie. who wants to go back on!

Terrence, don't worry...you'll have a smooth ride no matter what. We were in an inside cabin deck 10 two years ago...no problems whatsoever. In September, we were on deck 12 on the (now) famous Labor Day cruise with Maria and Karie (heah guys:) ). Even with 20+ foot seas and 50 MPH winds, we only felt a gentle pitching motion. I think it was David who posted that the ship rode like she was on railroad tracks that were nailed to the ocean floor. Nothing broke in our cabin and we had no problems dressing or sleeping. A junior suite on deck 10 is...sweet! Enjoy every moment.

Archived