Local Tour Guides

bocagal

TRAVELING ON THE CARNIVAL VALOR , NOVEMBER 12TH. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A LOCAL TOUR GUIDE? WOULD LIKE SOMEONE WHO CAN GIVE US AN OVERVIEW OF ROATAN. WE ARE IN OUR 60'S AND DON'T WANT TO GO ZIPPING, BUT DO WANT TO SEE THE CULTURE AND HAVE A CHANCE TO PURCHASE LOCAL CRAFTS.

THANKS FOR THE REFERRALS. IF YOU DO RECOMMEND SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE PERSON.

:p

Dianna & Cynthia have been highly recommended on this thread. If you search for their names you will come up with a bunch of information. The tour company is ran by the whole family and I haven't heard one complaint. We have them booked in Dec. Their website is http://www.roatancabtours.com/ and thier email is jacksong2005@yahoo.com. I hope this helps.

We booked a car & driver through Victor Bodden Tours for $100 total. It was a wonderful day. We're in our 50's & didn't want to zip either. We booked on-line through Victor's web site. Do not pay anything until your day in Roatan is over. Victor met us near the pier & introduced us to our driver. We named a few stops we wanted to make & also asked for his recommendations. We asked to go to the cameo factory, & went to Fantasy Island house, iguana farm, toured the island, several stops to shop, small village/beach for lunch. Our guide stayed with us or with the car watching our things. He was such a nice guy who spoke excellent English & provided interesting information about his homeland. We have been to Roatan twice. Booked an excursion through the ship the lst time but didn't get to see the island. We really like Roatan & will book with Victor next time. Have a great trip!

Juan Carlos Rodriquez comes highly recommended. We booked a tour with him last year but did not get to go because hurricane Wilma changed our Western Caribbean route to Eastern!! Bummer. But we are trying again this year and have him booked. He even remembered me when I emailed him and said how glad he was that we were able to come this year. If you email me I can give you details, kamutschelknaus@mmm.com.

Archived