Anything like Playa Uvas in Costa Maya?

CurlyRed964

My husband and I really liked Playa uvas in Coz. We don't want to stray too far from port, however, when we are in Costa Maya. Is there anything like Playa Uvas in Costa Maya (I.e., uncrowded, beautiful- Corona commercial type beach with good food and drinks, massage, etc?:rolleyes: ) Appreciate any feedback!

I can not answer your question but have one for you instead. I just booked Playa Uvas for Nov 30 and want to know how you like the food and atmosphere. It sounds wonderful and I like the idea that it is quieter and more adult. This is the only thing I have planned for our cruise so far.

It is a wonderful beach. Go on to the playa uvas thread under the Cozumel and you will read many favorable reviews, inlcuding mine. It is not the ultimate snorkeling experience because the reef was destroyed by hurrican Wilma. But the atmosphere is fantastic, the drinks (the mango margaritas are delicious and dangerous because they are like a sweet juice with a kick) and massage are wonderful. They have teak wood bed loungers. The food I hear is gourmet. I didn't get to find that out because I started raining buckets before I could order any food, darn it. We spent about an hour and a half and it was wonderful. They have really good licensed massage therapists that offer massages for a little over a dollar a minute. Thye offer a five minute sample for free. Do yourself a favor, book directly with Playa uvas (goolgle play uvas). Don't do it through the cruise line. It costs less that way and you get more time at the beach. The cruiselines do book the clear kayaking tour (which you can book directly with playa uvas and get a lunch!), but it doesn't get too crowded. Get there early and don't let the cab driver talk you out of doing Playa Uvas. The cabbies get a fee if they can get you to go to the big name beaches. The drive there looks a little scary. Cozumel took a hard hit from the hurricane, but Playa uvas is like a little oasis. They even have a little souvenir store. You will love it!:D

Enjoy!

Archived