tips?

meandralph

What should my husband and I plan on in the way of tips for 7 nights on Princess? Also, is there any particular mode of dress for the week, in addition to the 2 formal nights? Thanks for any info.. New to Princess

meandralph

Hi you and ralph,

Standard suggested gratuities are $10 per day per person, so $140 is considered the usual. Most people tip in addition to that for room service and baggage handlers, as to increasing or decreasing the $10 per day which will be auto-added to your account for you, you can adjust as you see fit, if you see fit.

Dress on non-formal nights is smart casual, dockers and polos for men, similar dress for women. Most men wear a dark suit on formal, some tuxes, about 15%.

What should my husband and I plan on in the way of tips for 7 nights on Princess? Also, is there any particular mode of dress for the week, in addition to the 2 formal nights? Thanks for any info.. New to Princess meandralph
Plan on $10 pp/day the amount which is added to your shipboard account for tips PLUS a couple of dollars for each time you use room service, and extra tips you might get for "above and beyond" dining room or room steward service. Shore excursions, if you take a tour, also several dollars per tour. Baggage handlers at the port, airport, etc. are tipped.

Dress during the day is casual and dress for dinner is "smart casual" when not formal. Smart casual excludes shorts, cut offs, jeans, and halter tops.

You can also find this information on Princess web site just go to ONBOARD section which might also answer any other questions.

We always keep the auto-tip on our account. But was also give our steward about $50 in cash at the end of hte cruise. We do PC dining, but if we find a waiter that we like and we sit with him/her for multiple nights, we will give a cash tip as well.

On our excursions, we tip between $5 and $10/pp...depending on how good the tour was.

Archived