Where is the pier for a Princess cruise leaving out of Los Angeles?

TheHappyWanderer

Do all the cruise ships leave from the same pier area? I am wondering if there is a more convenient airport for a LA departure.

Thanks

Most of the ships leave from San Pedro(they call it Los Angeles Harbor area). You could try Long Beach. I do know that Jet Blue comes in there and alot of people use Long Beach.

Marilyn

If you fly into Long Beach, make it clear that you want the Princess pier in San Pedro amd not the Carnival pier in Long Beach. They really don't seem that far apart, but people have had problems. I have read on the Ports page that some folks have run into trouble with this. Hotel free transportation in Long Beach was one area where this happened. I suggest you check out the Ports page. A lot of good information on that site.

Phil

As the crow flys, the 2 harbors are close by, but you can only get from one to the other over the Vincent Thomas Bridge and through Terminal Island. Not a great distance if you make a mistake, but if you're cutting it close timewise, it could be stressful. Plus, if there were a wreck on the bridge .... oy.

Currently, Princess operates out of San Pedro. Not sure if they'll ever move to Carnival's "newer" dock in Long Beach, next to the Queen Mary.

Long Beach Airport is probably closer and much less congested than LAX. But also fewer flights in and out.

Good luck.

The one in San Pedro (that Princess, RCL, and most others use) is called the World Cruise Center. You should see Pier 92, 93, or some number around there on your docs. Canival uses the one in Long Beach which is just yards away from the Queen Mary. We were just in LB a few weeks ago to visit the Aquarium and we saw the Paradise pretty close up from Shoreline Village.

You would hope the cab drivers would know but it's still good to be able to tell them which one you need to go to just in case there's lots of traffic (which is most mornings).

Thank you. I know that Alaska/Horizon airlines fly right to Long Beach. We will be flying in the morning of the cruise, but only from Oregon. So we figure it would be better to not be landing at LAX. Besides there is the terrible memory of the idiot lady who decided she liked my luggage better than hers, and didn't even bother to call the airline for days to tell them that "oops I did it again!" I set sail with my swim suit, meds, and an extra pair of panties.....not a good first three days!

Archived