Travel Channel Piece...What I am I missing?

PineappleGal

Just watched the Travel Channel piece on the Queen Mary 2. I watched the whole thing and really did see much about the interior. I was just wondering What I am I missing? What are in indepth features they didn't want us to know. I would really like pictures, experience, etc. I wan't to know if it's worth every dollar. Hope to hear from some people.

Apologizes for the Title it's suppost to be What am I missing? Sorry for the miss spelling, it's been a long day. Sorry again.

The show was mostly about the enginering aspects of building the largest ocean liner to date. I was also dissapointed on how little of the interior which was shown of the fantastic and magestic vessel. I want to see a show about just that. Most of the shows filmed on the travel channel which would show the interior seem to be an infomercial type show which you sometimes see from time to time about cruising. Usually the products themselves allow these types of programs to be filmed since they almost always generate sales and are happy to allow and even help with the making of the shows. This show was not an infomercial and it is not likely that you will see one since Princess who operates Cunard does not know how to market their way out of a burning paper sack.I have never once seen a comercial about princess but they hardly never sail with empty cabins so they must bee doing something right in the marketing dept i guess. Enough about that though, back to your inquisition. I am sure that you will not likely see a show about the wonders of cruising on the QM2 on the travel channel (hopefully i will be proved wrong as i love the ship!!) If you want to see some really great interior shots try searching for queen mary 2 on google and do an image search, sometimes you will run into some great photojournals of passengers expierence in the liner. Also check out the photo section on this site, some great shots. There is a book at your bookstore about the liner too that sells for about 50.00 usd.

Archived