advice requested re:9/29 Holiday in San Miguel

p2lockhart

I read somewhere that Sept. 29th is the day that is celebrated to honor the patron saint of San Miguel. We will be docked there on the Elation. Is there anything special that goes on that day that should not be missed or needs to be avoided? Will places be closed? Any advice will be appreciated.

I just went on a search for you....came up empty - sorry. Surely, Tom or Sherri will see this and be able to answer your question. I've been in other small MX towns where they celebrate their patron saint with a parade.

Thanks so much, Salvador at Nachi. The travelnotes link below says that the celebration starts 9 days before 9/29 and that there are parades and masses every day.

http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/holidays.php#fiesta

By the way, we have never been to Nachi and are considering that, in addition to other things. Will Nachi be celebrating on Sept. 29th?

Right now I am looking for the best place to rent a car. The last time (1/04) I cruised the Elation she docked at Puerta Maya, but according to CozumelInsider it is docking at Punta Langosta. Travelnotes says it's Puerta Maya. I want to rent at the right dock. Does anyone know for sure?

Well, normally, Elation docked in Puerta Maya, but this week she docked in Punta Langosta:confused: , let me cheek in my program which is the dock for that day OK!, for other part, when you read parades in not like that, I mean, no like party or mardi gras, let me try to explain, in that days, the people take the image for San Miguel out to the church, put in his shoulders and make some prayer, during this, they make a parade around the town with some stops, make another prayer and go on, for the nights, the church put some things around the area (Downtown) like games, some regional food, places for drink's to go ... nothing out side of this word, we can't compare this party with mardi grass absolutely different, San Miguel party is more religious. I hope you really understand this, is hard for me tray to explain in english, believe me!!! Sorry if you read something funny, some times, when I write in english my fingers turn in Chinese sticks uggghhhh!!! :D

Ok, don't forget come to Nachi and introduce your self, if for any reasson is my day off, I don't not how, but the cashier lady always found me!!! ... :mad:

Enjoy your trip to Coz !!!

Hi !!!

...OK, in base at the info we have, Elation is docked in Punta Langosta in September 29 ... but, maybe is better wait 2 weeks before the date .... you known how good is the info when they come for the harbor master :D !!!! ... for other part, Puerta Maya and Punta Langosta have the same options for rent a car, Alamo and Budget, Executive only working in Puerta Maya and SSA Mexico pier .... in my opinion the best choice is go with cozumelinsider.com and make your reservation ....

Ok amiga, take care !!!

Archived