Local Tour Operators Instrad of Cruise Ship Tours

Lemk85

:confused: My wife and I, and two children, ages 18 and 16 are heading on HAL for the Western Caribbean on 8/28, with stops at Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Half Moon Cay. I am looking for some advise as to booking shore excursions on line via local operators as opposed to booking thru HAL. I have read many reviews regarding Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman and most all mention the crowds on the ship's tours. Also any other local tour operators that you can recommend in the other ports would be appreciated.

Another question regarding local time. Does HAL change the ship's clocks to central time when we get to Cozumel and Grand Cayman? Some posts have indicated that there is a one hour time difference between island time and ship time.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hi ... go to www.cozumelinsider.comtake a note on this, don´t miss your boat !!!!

The folks at http://cozumelinsider.com helped me arrange our expediion to make sure time was not a factor. We booked a combo package that prety much takes up our entire day, and they helped us set up the times for various activities so that we're not rushed, yet still have plenty of time to make the ship.

Ship time does follow local time but you have to be aware that it does change. The night before you get to Cozumel (Monday night), your ship news and announcements will tell you to turn your clocks back one hour. Two days later, you will be told to turn them ahead again. We did exactly as suggested so we did not have to worry about what time it really was!

Although we haven't gone on our cruise yet, we booked Stingray City through Captain Marvins because I heard so many great reviews of them. The cost for the 3 hour tour is $39/person. If you look on the Grand Cayman board you will find lots of information.

Lemk85,

My entire family cruised in April and stopped in Cozumel where we had the most glorious day of all our trips! We did a 3 reef snorkel with eagleraydivers.com and they were the best! We had a small group of about 10 people, the guides were so helpful pointing out fish and helping with gear and getting in and out of boat. We had about 1 hour in each location and the fish were amazing- huge parrots, lots of varieties of angels, neat coral formations. Then they took us to a resort nearby for lunch- delicious!! There was time to get in the pool or play in the sand if we wanted. The price was $60 for a wonderful day and we are definitely booking with them again this spring. If you have any questions about them, send me an email and I will be happy to help.:)

We hired Adrian (found info on him from these boards). He took us to 3 different snorkeling sites. He was a fantastic guide. He will take you on a land tour if you want but we chose to spend the day snorkeling. I highly recommend him for a great tour.

We booked with Captain Marvins for their stingray trip. Once you take the tender into Georgetown, it is a short walk to their location. They also arranged a trip to Hell, seven mile beach and the turtle farm. We did the tour first and did a 2 hour trip to the stingrays and a reef to snorkle. We still had time to walk around Georgetown. They were great. After looking at the cruise ship boats, we were glad we went with them.

Archived