Quebec City , Canada

csk

have NO idea what it costs to stay there, but the iconic Quebec City hotel is the Chateau Frontenac. It is supposed to be quite an experience to stay there.. You might want to do some research online. I know it's the first place I'd consider if I needed to stay in Quebec City.

Just out of curiousity, I googled for info and found that for a sat nite in october they want $350 canadian for a view of the city and $500 canadian for a view of the st lawrence.. That ends up being about $310 and $440 US.

So perhaps a tad pricey, but I'm given to understand that it's one of those once in a lifetime experiences..

For comparison purposes I checked Orbitz and a room at the Holiday Inn starts at $111 US, the Hilton $162 US and the sheraton $194 US.

Guess I'd check trip advisor and other online sources to see whether the Frontenac is worth the additional cost.

Permit a Canuck to answer? It is an experience. I have only stayed there when on business, I usually do not spend at that rate on my own. If you are staying the day before, please go to the Chateau and use the Walk and view the lovely city. Since it is a crusie you are going on, I am presuming that it is soon, so it would not be to cold to walk around. The city's history is worth the chance to see what's there and how lucky we really are to have this as part of Canada (I have lived here for longer-34 yrs actually, than my own home country). It gives the true flavour of French Canadian...I love roaming here even when it is cold and the winds and falling leaves are part of it all..hot baked bread filled with apple butter come to mind. Enjoy a taste of Canadiana!

It is a Princess cruise that leaves on Oct 28th, and goes down the coast to Florida, that is the hotel that Princess puts you in, just had not did any research on it yet, but might go with it , Princess charges $150 per person, but that includes transfers to and from, so I guess not too bad of a price, how far is the hotel from the pier. Thanks for all your help

I would say that's quite a deal! You can see the greeny oxidized copper roof from the pier...so it's not far...the whole upper and lower walled city is only 10 sq miles. How lucky you are! Hope you do have time to look around. Take in the funuicular, eat some local food, see the Basilique Notre Dame..hope I am spelling things right! We are chinese descent (and there are many relatives from Quebec -Montreal actually, cornering the bean-sprout market-where some first landed-but we are from the Caribbean) but it's our kids who are bi-lingual, in french/english and not chinese/english or dutch/english as my maman is. Rue de Tresor would give you cheap good art...bought some for my office...you get to meet the artists...their studios are there...take a buggy ride (confirm the price first-$65 for 2 for about 45 mins) around the old city (I pretend that I am in France when I do that), lots of hills so wear good walking shoes, lots of cafes and pubs, shopping (Rue St Jean). I am not a history buff but the kids took in the citadelle and were part of the re-enactment of the Champlain wartime when we took a side trip to Quebec City from visiting old friends in Montreal and the Notre Dame Soeurs, so you may want to see that...the old city is so alive and full of entertainment at day or night.

I have never checked out your cruise because of our living on this side, but I will and see what it is all about. I am not sure where you dock, but I will look it up and let you know what's on the way and what you shouldn't miss on theh way. I love my new (since 1972!) country and love to show it off!

I just checked out your cruise itinerary, and believe you will see the best of Canada. I hope you will taste the true heart of Canadians as was shown in the bileting of Americans who had to land after the 9/11 disaster: Our East Coast folks came to the rescue and displayed their hospitality at its best. Years ago, in my single days travelling through N.S. and P.E. I. with 3 girlfriends, locals were so kind and today, we still notice that even when they move and live/work in Ontario, that eastcoast friendliness comes out. You will really see our Llittle Scotland...hopefully the falling leaves and changing colours of autumn would be great for photos. I still remember rising early and driving along the coast to see the sunrise. Going to Nfld and watching whales or going to St Johns and up Signal Hill is still quite a memory for me. My uncle and his wife met in Nfld and had their family there (now all grown) and now live in Vcr, western Canada.

Enjoy your visit!

Archived