Calling All Facial Experts!

jreeves628

I'll be on the 9 day Explorer on friday and started to think about what spa treatments I am going to get. If I get a facial towards the end of my cruise (I should be super tanned by then).. will it irritate my skin or mess with my tan if they exfoliate a layer or two off of skin? Also, will I be able to go out in the sun after the facial?

Thanks,

Jessica

I'll be on the 9 day Explorer on friday and started to think about what spa treatments I am going to get. If I get a facial towards the end of my cruise (I should be super tanned by then).. will it irritate my skin or mess with my tan if they exfoliate a layer or two off of skin? Also, will I be able to go out in the sun after the facial?

Thanks,

Jessica

It should not irritate your skin as long as you know what they are using. Does your skin usually get irritated with certain products? If so then you may break out. Also the answer to the question about the sun. One treatment will not take away your tan, but you should not I repeat not go in the sun after you exfoliate without some sort of sunblock on (a strong one) your face will be super exposed after you exfoliate, so I highly recommend putting on sunblock. Now of course if this is your very first facial, I would not recommend it on a vacation because some people do break out no matter what after there facial (A friend of mine always does) I was always fine after a facial (in school I had about two a week). If you do not break out then it is worth it because your face will feel so smooth after. My cruise is not until April 29th I wish it was now

I have pretty sensitive skin and I have recently started using Elemis products, I have been pretty happy with how they work. I don't love the price, but with problem skin, it's hard to find stuff that works at all.

Tell them you're worried about a breakout and they will be more gentle, but you can never be 100% sure you won't breakout.

Enjoy a massage or body scrub if you're really worried.

Have fun!

I have pretty sensitive skin and I have recently started using Elemis products, I have been pretty happy with how they work. I don't love the price, but with problem skin, it's hard to find stuff that works at all.

Tell them you're worried about a breakout and they will be more gentle, but you can never be 100% sure you won't breakout.

Enjoy a massage or body scrub if you're really worried.

Have fun!

I too have problems with my skin and started using their products this past December and my skin has noticably improved. Nothing else had worked for me previously so the cost was worth it to me.

When I get facials on the ship, they've asked me if I plan on going out in the sun later, and have put sunscreen on face for me when I've said yes. Make sure to tell them your concerns though about the facial before you get it done.

Archived