Anyone take the "Private Island Tour" with Island Marketing?

MamaParrotHead

I'd love to hear also, we are thinking about doing the same thing when we are in Cozumel on October 7th. Island tour in the morning and paradise beach in the afternoon.

If nothing else, I can hope you decide to use them and come back to give me a full report, LOL! :D Which stops are you looking at? We were thinking the Tequila Hacienda and El Cedral...and, depending on time contraints, a few local cantinas thrown in at the end. I also asked, and they will drop you at Paradise Beach at the end of the tour, rather than forking out the $ for the taxi to take you there from the pier. Just curious, have you inquired about availability? They made it sound to me that they fill up pretty far out, so if you haven't, you may want to check that out. ;)

If nothing else, I can hope you decide to use them and come back to give me a full report, LOL! :D Which stops are you looking at? We were thinking the Tequila Hacienda and El Cedral...and, depending on time contraints, a few local cantinas thrown in at the end. I also asked, and they will drop you at Paradise Beach at the end of the tour, rather than forking out the $ for the taxi to take you there from the pier. Just curious, have you inquired about availability? They made it sound to me that they fill up pretty far out, so if you haven't, you may want to check that out. ;)

If it's the same provider we use then you can schedule a tour for 4 hours or more - they will pick you up at your pier and drop you back off their or at the beach - wherever you want. They have several vans and although it's a popular activity it is low season right now so you shouldn't have a lot of trouble getting space.

Have Fun!!

CozumelInsider Jacq

They do have space and I was going to see if they could drop us at Paradise Beach, good to know they can. I was thinking maybe the ruins, tequila tour, town, and I'd love to see some beaches and bars on the East side. I was thinking we could do that and lunch at the end and then relax on the beach for the rest of the day.

We used this company on our last cruise. They are great to work with and we would not ever go to Cozumel without using them to take us around. Our driver was wonderful and took us to many places that are not on the normal tourist rounds. We started out with the normal 4 hour tour, but ended up having him the whole time we were there. We went shopping at local shops not on the tourist list and had a great time. We have also stayed in touch with our guide through the year and if all goes as planned he will be waiting for us on the next cruise. If you have a chance to use this company it is well worth it. They will take you anywhere you might want to go.

tweetychy

• 9 months later...

So the $26 pp is that for the whole 4 hour tour? Or is that per hour per person? So do they take you around and tell you about the places and stuff like a reguler tour guide would? That sounds really interesting and I would be able to learn about where I am ;) Do you share with others in the same van if it is just a few of you going? What happens if they want to go somewhere you dont? How does that work?

Any recent advise on this one?

Danielle

right around $45 per person, but that includes the entrance fee to the Tequila Hacienda (which, I believe, was like $10-$15 pp).

But that's the price for the whole van (nobody else goes with you). Which means, no matter how many people you have going, the rate for the van is right around $250 for half of a day (I know we went over the "4 hours" quoted in the tour description, but it was totally our fault and a GOOD thing...with 6 people, someone is always lagging behind when you stop for something or are shopping/bartering, etc.).

Yes, it was a guided tour. Yes, you get to pick wherever you want to go. Our tour guide ROCKED...his name was Pedro and his tour company is contracted out through Island Marketing. The van had WONDERFUL AC, was kept IMMACULATE, he came with a cooler and took us to a local market to pick up refreshments and snacks. We couldn't have HAND PICKED a more courteous, knowledgeable, warmer or friendlier host for the morning.

I would HIGHLY recommend it. Any other questions? Feel free to ask. :)

Thanks alot. Your post said $45 pp, on there site it says $26 pp?? And it also says that any enterance fees are not included. Is that price you said for $250 to get him for the day and you just split it up between however many people are going? I dont know if there will be enough of us to do that but maybe. So if not is it $26 pp? Sounds really fun, maybe we will do that then have him drop us off at where we want to snorkel when it is over. We are on the island for 10 hrs so if we do 4 with them, and 2 hours snorkeling we will still have plenty of time to go shopping, and get a bite to eat.

Thanks alot for your advise.

Danielle

Chyrose. You said that you used Island Marketing for the private island tour. Can you tell me how to get it touch with them, how much it cost, and perhaps some of the places you went?

My husband would love this. Thanks so much.

So the $26 pp is that for the whole 4 hour tour? Or is that per hour per person?

I emailed them tonite and got a reply.....$75 PP for 4 of us...........bit too much for me for that.....

Got an email today from this company http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/Terms.htm

Here are their rates....

4 HOURS SERVICE 1 TO 4 PAX 6 HOURS SERVICE 1 TO 4 PAX

PRICE $ 220.ºº USD PRICE $ 290.ºº USD

Deposit $ 66.ºº USD Deposit $ 87.ºº USD

Balance $ 154.ºº USD Balance $ 203.ºº USD

4 HOURS SERVICE 5 TO 8 PAX 6 HOURS SERVICE 5 TO 8 PAX

PRICE $ 290.ºº USD PRICE $ 360.ºº USD

Deposit due $ 87.ºº USD Deposit due $ 108.ºº USD

Balance $ 203.ºº USD Balance $ 252.ºº USD

4 HOURS SERVICE 9 TO 14 PAX 6 HOURS SERVICE 9 TO 14 PAX

PRICE $ 360.ºº USD PRICE $ 435.ºº USD

Deposit due $ 108.ºº USD Deposit due $130.50 USD

Balance $ 252.ºº USD Balance $ 304.50 USD

PRIVATE SERVICE ALL DAY LONG UNTILL 7:00 P.M.

1 TO 14 PAX

PRICE $ 500.ºº USD

Deposit Due $ 150.ºº USD

Balance $ 350.ºº USD

NOT to be confused with http://www.cozumeltours.com/ who told me $75 PP...........two different companies........

We only planned on doing some shopping. Ended up getting off the ship and decided we wanted to see parts of the island that we had not seen before. We hired a taxi. It was 60 for 4 of us to have an english speaking driver for 2 1/2 hours.

It was really nice, not too long but not rushed either. I may do the same thing this next trip.

Gerry (Geraldo) is a cab driver who makes regular runs to and from here at PB. He speaks great English, has a Ford Focus Stationwagon, A/C, CD etc. and will pick you up at your pier for a tour of Cozumel. He charges $80USD for the 1st 3 hours and $20USD for each extra hour. His cab holds up to 4 people and he can get a van if you have more. He's a little older and drives at a saner rate than his mostly younger colleages.:) He's been on the island for over 20 years so he'll know where to take you...e-mail him here:

cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com

e990c15d.jpg

Thanks Tom........sounds like it would be the way to go.....my only concern is I dont think that car is big enough for the 4 of us......I think it would be a tight fit(some of us are a bit overweight--not me(at least not too much..haha)......the van would work........

Ill email him and ask..

Fill us in on what he says about the van, is it more? Is it pp or a price for the whole van? That does seem like a great price, I might be interested in him for April. Shoot this is a great place for him to advertise and make a great living off of us visitors and he is cheaper than the tour companies so that right there gives him the advantage. Only thing is there is only one of him, lol.... I am sure they have others as well, it is just to find them. Fill me in on what he says b/c that will certainly be an option with the van that is.

Thanks alot,

Danielle

Thanks for the update. I hope you hear back from him so we can see prices for the van and how it works with him. That would be great to set something up with him. When are you going? I am sure you will be there before me, I have another 9 mths, lol.. So if you do get him you can fill me in on the details involved.

Thanks again,

Danielle

Archived