QM2 crossing on July 18

Colorado gal

This will be a first crossing for my husand and me. If anyone else has made a Transatlantic crossing in the summer months, could you please advise me as to what kind of jacket or clothing I should take...I assume it's cold on deck even in the summer??? Thanks much....

Hi Colorado gal,

I was on a crossing in August and needed a heavy-duty anorak, though not a winter coat (thank goodness!). The main problem is the wind - it can get very, very windy up on deck - a combination of her crossing speed and the Atlantic winds - so to avoid suffering the extra cold of wind-chill you'll definitely need something windproof. I hope this helps

Have a great crossing!

We just returned from the September 6 QM2 EB TA crossing. Daytime on deck temperatures were 60 - 70 F with brisk wind several days. Because the inside of the ship is quite cool, I was comfortable with long sleeve shirt and blazer both inside and out. I took a windbreaker but didn't need to wear it. There is so much room for storage on board that I will be less stingy with packing next time. For us, the limiting factor was United Airlines 50 pound limit per bag. This website and all the advise and planning really helped.

Archived