Questions

swseattle

I have a couple questions for all of you. My friends and I (all of us are 18 and female) are going to St. Thomas on the Caribbean Princess. We were wondering what cheap/inexpensive things are there to do in St. Thomas? Also what is the drinking age here? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing is really cheap in St Thomas. Assuming that the ship docks at Havensight, which it probably does, there is plenty of shops to window shop, bars to bar hop. But coming to St Thomas I would want to go to a beach; all of which require a taxi to get to and from. Taxi's are not cheap and charge per person each way. If you have a large enough group haggling with the driver might help. The closest beach (5 minutes by cab) and least cab fare would be MorningStar, but the beach is part of a resort so the bars/restaurants are a little more expensive. Another close beach is Bolongo where there is a beach bar called Iggies wihich caters to the locals and would be more in your price range. neither one of these beaches is the "best" in St thomas although they are going to be better then any beach from where you likely come from.

The Paradise Point tramway is great, (fantastic views) but you will be bored in an hour, drinking or not. You can actually save money by taking a taxi up to the top of the tramway and back, instead of the actual tramway. Spending the $15 roundtrip for the tramway is TOO much for your young budget.

I was 18 once myself....and I live in St Thomas....

[quote name='swseattle']I have a couple questions for all of you. My friends and I (all of us are 18 and female) are going to St. Thomas on the Caribbean Princess. We were wondering what cheap/inexpensive things are there to do in St. Thomas? Also what is the drinking age here? Thanks![/QUOTE][color=black]Many people use Godfrey's Tours [/color]

[url="http://godfreytoursvi.com/"][color=black]http://godfreytoursvi.com/[/color][/url]

[color=black]This is an email I got from Godfrey explaining the tour.[/color]

[i][color=black]Best of St.Thomas but we dont leave until 12noon from downtown shopping Area. What we do first in the morning, we pick you up at 9,10 or 11am ship time, take you into downtown shopping first, then to see the whole Island and then back to the ship. if you wish to swim or snorkel, you have a choice of Magens Bay, Coki Point or Sapphire Beach for [2] hours and then back to the ship.If you ONLY want to see the Island, the tour is from 12noon to 2pm and if you wish to swim or snorkel, well the tour is from 12noon to 4pm. at [/i]
[i]the end of the trip, all it cost per person is $20.00 dollars and you pay at [/i]
[i]the end of the trip.[/color][/i]

Archived