Le Petit Train

aussiedisneyfan

Has anyone been on the train independent of P&O? I was looking at a map we got from Noumea and it shows the train running daily and it only costs about $11AU. Much cheaper than P&Os $49. I am not sure if it is exactly the same or maybe shorter. I also wondered if P&O might book out all the trains for the afternoon and then onsell them.

Has anyone been on the train independent of P&O? I was looking at a map we got from Noumea and it shows the train running daily and it only costs about $11AU. Much cheaper than P&Os $49. I am not sure if it is exactly the same or maybe shorter. I also wondered if P&O might book out all the trains for the afternoon and then onsell them.

I looked into it the first time we went to Noumea and if I recall correctly the ones organised by P&O go a bit furher out - and they include english commentary and also the champagne and pastries at Orontoro Lookout (not correct spelling).

Kym

Whatever you do, do not book Noumea tours via P&O. There are a stack of tour companies in the cruise terminal in Noumea who will do the same tours, even down to the champagne, for much less.

Noumea is pretty easy to get around anyway. We walked up to the lookout (about 1/2 an hour) and then in the afternoon caught a cab to Anse Vata Bay. We got back to the ship on the local bus. The bus terminal is only a block from the cruise terminal and is super cheap but very clean and safe.

Archived