diseny cruise help please

medicalman

hello everybody,

this is my first post and i have a few questions.we are wanting to have a cruise in oct/nov 2007 we are travelling from the uk for two weeks and we want to have a 7day cruise with disney.there will be three of us two adults and one 10 year old girl,i have been reading reviews of the cruises offered and i keep hearing cat3 being mentioned with reguard to suites. also is oct/nov a good time? advise on best value? etc etc i want a sea view but di i need a balcony is it worth the extra? we have been quoted here in the uk nearly $5000 dollars for a delux with a balcony on level seven i think it was. sound good?because it sound expensive to me?

any help would be great

medical man:confused: :)

If you can save some bucks at Cat 4 or 5 level do it there really isnt that much difference. Rooms are similar sq ft. wise and the extra money is not worth it IMHO. Check the rates between Oct and Nov. if they are similar opt for November only because there is less chance of having trip screwed up by a hurricane. Everytime we scheduled trips in Sept or Oct, luck of the draw a storm came by and messed up schedule. Better odds in November of avoiding a storm:eek: Have a great trip!

hello everybody,

this is my first post and i have a few questions.we are wanting to have a cruise in oct/nov 2007 we are travelling from the uk for two weeks and we want to have a 7day cruise with disney.there will be three of us two adults and one 10 year old girl,i have been reading reviews of the cruises offered and i keep hearing cat3 being mentioned with reguard to suites. also is oct/nov a good time? advise on best value? etc etc i want a sea view but di i need a balcony is it worth the extra? we have been quoted here in the uk nearly $5000 dollars for a delux with a balcony on level seven i think it was. sound good?because it sound expensive to me?

any help would be great

medical man:confused: :)

I assume that you might be going to Disney World, so my first suggestion is to go to the park when you arrive, and then follow up with the cruise at the end. This is mentioned in several guidebooks because the parks are so exhausting that the cruise will seem even more relaxing! Remember: as per the guidebooks, if you are looking for great food and a relaxing time, Disney World is not the place to go. So always take the cruise at the end, never the beginning.

On the other hand, Disney Cruise Line (DCL) can be as relaxing and adventerous as you want it to be.

The Cat 3 room is very, very nice. It's essentially double the size of a Cat 4, but it is also quite expensive. A family of 3 will more than adequetly fit into a Cat 4 or 5 without any difficulty at all. My recommendation is to purchase a C4 and when you arrive at the port present yourself at the desk well dressed and polite. The phrase to use is "I would like to inquire about the purchase of an upgrade". We have done this and it works like a charm. By stating that you wish to purchase an upgrade, not just get one for free, you will immideatly put be at the front of the line for whatever is available. On our last DCL we upgraded from C4 to C3 for a total of $650.00. Not bad. The C3 level brings you to the concierge level of service, which on DCL really is not needed. It is not a seperate class like Cunard, nor are there any private lounges or special dinning facilities. You do get wonderful service and great attention. With C3 you can easily get dinning reservations, spa appointments, or excursions even if they are sold out. The biggest asset with C3 is the size of the room.

You stand a very good chance of getting this type of upgrade because of the time of year that you will be sailing. We last sailed in Oct 04, right at the height of hurrican season. There were alot of cancellations and we took advantage of the situation. I am very amused at those who are afraid to sail when a hurricane is in the area. A cruise ship by its very nature can move, so the cruise line can simply position the ship away from the weather. True, you might not have the same ports of call, but so what?

October was a great time to sail. The water was very warm and weather can be perfect.

The $5000.00 quote does sound expensive, but not really out of line. DCL is a premium priced line because you pay for "All Things Disney". They really do try to give you that extra Disney touch and it truly shows throughout the ship and everything on the ship. Your 10 year old is the perfect age, and this cruise is truly magic for every little girl who wants to be a princess. The cost of the cruise includes wonderful programs for the kids which are like nothing else at sea.

We would not sail any cruise without a balcony, esp a caribbean cruise. You can sit out there on the balcony all through the night while your child is fast asleep in her bed, and just watch moon and feel the breeze. Disney even shines a spotlight into the waves at night so you can watch the water pass by. Hope this helps, have fun.

Archived