Accessable Junior suite on Serenade of Seas

Ms Ann

Good morning, This is my first post, been reading for several years. I now have a question.

Has anyone been in one of the 2 Junior Suites on the Serenade of the Seas? Are there any photos any where?

Thanks everyone

Ann

we have not been on serenade but we are currently booked in one of the two on brilliance which is a sister ship we do not have pictures but have most of the details from talking to the special needs people at rcl. what in particular are you interested in and we will try to be of help. we will be on brilliance for a month from Istanbul all around the mediterranean and then transAtlantic to Miami starting October 20:)

Just general info. How big, how set up, How is balcony set up? We have had a balcony on Rhapsody, but by the time the ramp went over the threshhold, there wasn't enough room on the balcony to turn the Jazzy around. Hubby had to back back into the room. Thus, we hope to get one with a large enough balcony for him to actually use.

ms ann these are cabin details I got from rccl and other sources on the 2 handicapped accessible junior suites on deck 10 cabin 320 sqft twin beds convertible to full size sofa couch which converts to bed if needed arm chair w/ottoman coffee table and side table bathroom with no lip roll-in shower fold down seat grab bars in shower and toilet area adjustable hand held shower head. raised vanity allowing access for wheelchair or scooter. balcony is 86sqft almost double the standard balcony if you look at deck plans for deck 10 you will see how much larger so there is plenty of turn around space ramped in and out to balcony (that is where we have had minor troubles on other ships because the scooter has only 2inch clearance) doors to both the cabin and the bathroom are hydraulic - insert key card press button and door opens automatically allowing time to enter the amount of time can be adjusted by ship's personnel. we suggest youtalk to rccls special needs dept at 1 800 722 5472 if you require additional data. :)

Thanks Leoandhugh. Wow, we've never had one with the automatic door, he will probably be like a kid just opening and closing the door all day long :p

Please let us know how your crise goes. Pictures would be wonderful!

I've marked my calander, so will be waiting to hear from you.

I don't remember if I did much in my profile, so I'll check it now so you can send me messages. ( at least I'll try, I'm not very computer literant :confused: )

Archived