Early Booking

DocM3

What time frame is considered "Early Booking" - 9 months, 6 months or????

We are booked on a TA for August 2007 but a friend has not booked as yet and I'm wondering how long he has to be considered for the early booking discount.

What time frame is considered "Early Booking" - 9 months, 6 months or????

We are booked on a TA for August 2007 but a friend has not booked as yet and I'm wondering how long he has to be considered for the early booking discount.

THE EARLY BOOKIING "FARES" I believe are more capacity controlled than time controlled!!!I>E> first come first serve!!! especialy the cloer you cime to the sailing date.

Hello - we booked 2 weeks ago for the November 5th eastbound crossing (yes, this year!) and had no trouble getting rates even lower than the 'early bookinf' fares published by Cunard. However we weren't very picky about cabin choice, we just requested a hull balcony, and got a B2 cat, all the B1's had gone. Also at the same time I enquired about the October 24th crossing (this year) and there was still plenty of availability and the prices were lower than the published 'early booking' fares. I was very surprised actually.

Hope this helps.

Nicola

Hello - we booked 2 weeks ago for the November 5th eastbound crossing (yes, this year!) and had no trouble getting rates even lower than the 'early bookinf' fares published by Cunard. However we weren't very picky about cabin choice, we just requested a hull balcony, and got a B2 cat, all the B1's had gone. Also at the same time I enquired about the October 24th crossing (this year) and there was still plenty of availability and the prices were lower than the published 'early booking' fares. I was very surprised actually.

Hope this helps.

Nicola

NY CRUISER

you are exactly right most time there are fares much lower than th EB fares. we have booked cruises with discounts as high as 60 % off regular fares!!!

If you do not care about the cabin that you are in....the prices for many cruises are better closer to the sailing date (based upon availability of course and the popularity of the cruise). Sometimes, agents can help you get additional discounts if you booked early and the rates have gone down prior to sailing but that is a gamble. Suites often sell out early, and are rarely discounted the way standard cabins are so if you are interested in that I would work with your agent and get the best price early on. After getting 3 or more quotes on a Qsuite on the QM2, we decided to go with a reputable travel agent and were not disappointed.

Archived