Destiny wrong time

ronnarel

I am on the Main Deck Have one of the 1a s with 2 windows:D

Scott

cool-- so maybe you can take photos of the cabin for me please.

I am thinking this room has a lower bed and a sofa bed. cant wait to hear what it really has

Reading some of these posts is making me really start to worry about my upcomming Destiny cruise next May. ohnoes.gif

The Destiny is a different kind of sailing for sure. As long as you are prepared there is no reason to worry.

You will notice that people, even on the same sailing, will have a different experience from each other. Depends on the expectations of each person.

WOW, I am amazed at what I am reading. I am married to a great man from Puerto RIco, and have spent many, many days on the island. I find Puerto Ricans to be friendly, kind and always opening their doors. Know matter where you go on a vacation, be it New York, Europe etc.... you have to go with an open mind. Cultures are all different even within the United States. Turn your head at what you do not like, but embrase the good. You will learn a lot and make many new friends. No need to be name calling!!!

I've sailed from Miami several times, and the announcements were in both English and Spanish on all of those cruises, too. I'm sailing out of San Diego in Jan., expect it will be the same there.

Adios!

San Diego the announcements will be in English.:)

I have read alot of complaints about this cruise out of San Juan. I don't really think the language was the problem. I have read that they cater to the locals when it comes to the music and such. Not your typical caribbean feel. That's what I have read on these boards.

And because of that, I have made my decision not to do this cruise.:o

But to say people should do their homework? If it was not for cc I would have never known.

:D I will Take Pics of cabin

Also this goes out to everyone

I have never had a bad cruise in 6 times ive gone

believe me I am not worried because I will have fun no matter who is on the ship I am not going with the negative attitude, I realize the ship isnt going to be brand new but I am sure Carnival keeps it up to pretty good standards

I was on the Fascination in January 06 there were all kinds of negative reviews but then again

I had a blast Ship was well kept for being 10yrs old nice clean and a great staff food was great and met alot of nice people

to me a cruise is what you make it ,

i leave in 3 days and i will let you all know when i get back what i truly think after being on Destiny

Wish Me Luck after tonight I am on VACATION for 10 days Wahhhooo

thanks Scott

Scott:

With that attitude you'll have a great time. We just sailed the Destiny (9/3-9/10) and had a great time. Yes, there were a lot of people from PR on board and the announcements were all made in English and Spanish. Yes, in the Criterion Lounge it was mostly salsa music, but other music was played in the other bars, disco and on the Lido deck. Overall, I thought the people on board were much better behaved than I've seen on other cruises. I didn't come across any rowdy drunks, unruly teens or rude people. We met some wonderful people from the US, PR and other countries. Our only complaint with the cruise was the food. It wasn't as good as other Carnival cruises we've been on. I also have to say that all of the people that we saw from PR know what the word "formal" means on formal night. I've never seen so many beautifully dressed people on formal night on any other cruise we've been on. Have a great time!

I have read alot of complaints about this cruise out of San Juan. I don't really think the language was the problem. I have read that they cater to the locals when it comes to the music and such. Not your typical caribbean feel. That's what I have read on these boards.

And because of that, I have made my decision not to do this cruise.:o

But to say people should do their homework? If it was not for cc I would have never known.

Only the Criterioan lounge played the salsa music all week and it was only from 9:30 to midnight. (It was also the only hopping place all week.. in the terms of music) but the lido deck players played caribbean music some.

We still had a good time on our cruise...just not on the ship.

Only the Criterioan lounge played the salsa music all week and it was only from 9:30 to midnight. (It was also the only hopping place all week.. in the terms of music) but the lido deck players played caribbean music some.

We still had a good time on our cruise...just not on the ship.

that's great! but on other threads I have heard they even played it on the Lido deck and thru out the ship. What month did you sail?

I just got done reading all the reviews of the Destiny that members have submitted. I don't have any problem with Puerto Ricans. My neighbors are Puerto Rican & they are great neighbors. They are giving us all sorts of advice as to what to see & do in San Juan.

I saw that the Destiny has had a refit in October 2005 & is essentially a new ship. We cruise with a group of friends & they are the primary reason for this cruise. I'm looking forward to reading Scott's review when he gets back from his upcoming cruise on Destiny...

that's great! but on other threads I have heard they even played it on the Lido deck and thru out the ship. What month did you sail?

Just got back on Sunday. I will say it -- it depends on the sailing. Each week is gonna be different no matter what.

That Criterion lounge was hopping every night...so if they come-- lol

It IS A port intensive cruise. most mornings people are up and off the ship early.

What surprised me was the number of people who stay on the ship in each port in stead of getting off. From what I read in reviews..port days is when you experince an empty ship. St Thomas was practically empty when we went into shop about noon time.

What surprised me was the number of people who stay on the ship in each port in stead of getting off. From what I read in reviews..port days is when you experince an empty ship. St Thomas was practically empty when we went into shop about noon time.

I'm wondering if maybe Carnival gives the locals such cheap prices alot, that they just use it as their party ship. Since they get such great deals on it they probably sail her quite often, and have been to the other islands many times.

But hey great for you in St. Thomas........could only imagine it being empty....only in my dreams LOL

I spoke to some people around the decks--seems like the inside cabins were given to them for port and government taxes as they paid less then 300pp..-- but got no break on the 3rd and 4th person in the cabins.. they all paid the same thing.. (now I dont know why they would put whole families into one cabin if they were all paying the same- I woulda opted for two cabins but maybe it dont work like that for a local price

I spoke to some people around the decks--seems like the inside cabins were given to them for port and government taxes as they paid less then 300pp..-- but got no break on the 3rd and 4th person in the cabins.. they all paid the same thing.. (now I dont know why they would put whole families into one cabin if they were all paying the same- I woulda opted for two cabins but maybe it dont work like that for a local price

Wow under $300 for seven day southern caribbean.........if only we could be so lucky. They sure don't offer that to us West Coasters.... :cool:

We sailed the Festivale in 1995 out of San Juan and our sailing had approximately 200 San Juan high school graduates on board with 4 chaperones. The group pretty much took over the ship and many were drunk continually. I can't really blame the kids as they were celebrating graduation, just not enough chaperones. I'm not sure what the drinking age was on the ship at that time. I remember one kid in particular that was always the center of chaos and drunk as a skunk. I wonder if he's even still alive.:eek:

Sailed a 4 day on the Fantasy, 1st cruise, 1st week of June 1994 //drinking age was 18 and ship was loaded to the gills with high school graduates and most of them stayed drunk as a skunk the whole 4 days. Rowdy rowdy bunch of white Americans! Parents sent them on their "senior" trips--figured it was safer for them to party on the ship as opposed to drunk at the beach running around in cars.

That was when Carnival was the party boat--thankfully they have upped the drinking age and cleaned up their image.

Anyhow it was our first cruise--we have booked all our others in the fall, when school is in!!! Lesson learned! We still had fun and fell in love with cruising.

Oh yeah, I'm a "white American" so I can say that :)

Archived