Question for Antiguan

em_in_murphy

Antiguan, can you tell me how taxis charge in Antigua? Do they charge per car or per person? Is there a set rate for each destination? I have a large group and want to see if it's more economical to rent cars and drive ourselves or just hop in a taxi. We want to do some sight seeing and then hit a beach but don't want to pay for a detailed tour. A drive around the island with a couple of stops for pictures and then lounging on a beach is all we're looking for.

Thanks Antiguan. I assume your vote for renting means it'll be safe driving ourselves. Texancruzer had posted that it was great to drive but then I saw another post that said it was crazy and to do it with caution. I've never been to Antigua so I have no clue. I'm hoping you and Texancruzer are correct and we'll have an awesome adventure.

Hi Antiguan,

I posted this on the Antiguan Independence day thread for you but then I saw this thread.

Anyway, you said that most of the shops and tour operators will be closed for Independence Day on Nov 1st.

Do you know if the beach bar and water sports will be open on Dickenson Beach? Also, will we have trouble getting a cab? Thanks

Archived