Has anyone ever volunteered for spa's introductory tour on day one of cruise.

shipsr4us

Just wondering if anyone has ever vounteered as a spa model on day one, when the have the spa tours. I've always asked about that and was always told they choose their participants early in the morning, is that true? I would love to be a willing participant in the spa on dayt for their tours. Any suggesstions or has anyone had the pleasure of being a spa model for the tours. Do tell how you go about signing up

We were on the Legend back in March with several friends. We did the spa tour very early and were asked if we wanted a free treatment. My friend did the mud/elecrode treatment that they sell for about $125.00 and said it wasn't that great. I wouldn't like people walking through while I was having a spa treatment. I'd want to be more relaxed.

Sher

If you take the spa tour on the first day do they give you a discount for signing up for spa treatments during the week ? How much is it ? Isn't it better to take advantage of the specials they have while in port ? I love the treatments but hate the hassel of buying products

It has been my experience in the past (Navigator and Mariner) that the "specials" they have while in port aren't much of a special. In fact, 1/2 of the specials were actually the same price as on the regular menu....only heavily advertized as a daily special. This wasn't always the case (and may not be now). I recall getting some good deals on port days back on the Adventure a few years back.

I got a 25% discount once on all services booked right after the spa tour. Other than that, I usualy only get 10% or so. Seems to differ between ships and staff, not to mention demand.

and it was heaven with the seaweed wrap. But then the tour comes in & folks have to lift the aluminum foil blanket to see what? I smacked one woman...........

Now on Jewel I went to the spa & was rudely told that the dancers need the treatments more than me. So that was it for the spa....... I don't need it.

Our last cruise was a B2B, so on the first day of the first week, I went to the spa right away and signed up for a hot stone massage and at the same time told them I was on the B2B and would demo a treatment if they were looking for people for week 2. She told me they already had someone for the massage, but were looking for a facial model. I told her I would have whatever treatment they needed someone for. She told me to let my masseuse know when I came in later that week and she would confirm things, but they did take down my name and cabin. I went for my hot stone and reminded them I could demo something for the following week and they were very standoffish. The manager makes that decision, don't call us, we'll call you type of thing. They did call the day before the second week started and left a message that they didn't need me. But come on, why all the mystery! Tell me up front you don't need me! I figured it was either that I didn't meet their facial model needs, or more importantly, I didn't buy any stuff after the massage! :)

Archived