help a total newb, enchantment 4 day cruise help

GRAD

I am looking into the Dec 14 Enchantment of the Seas cruise departing Ft Lauderdale and going to Cozymel.

First time cruise, and I want to make sure I do it right. Any tips with where to order, what to do on the ship, etc. For example I saw sites offer a bonus trip (ie cruise critic) and dunno if its legit or not.

i found this site via slickdeals and read all the great reviews, so I'm looking forward to all the info.

Sorry for the newbie questions, sorry if I made any rookie mistakes, thanks in advance

--grad

We just went on the Enchantment 4 day cruise Sept 7 and had a great time. We are frequent cruisers and thought the food and service were excellent......and the ship was beautiful. We booked directly through RCCL with no problem.

You have chosen a great ship for your first cruise. Since you are a first timer, I would suggest booking a shore excursion through the ship while in Cozumel. ENJOY!!! After this cruise you will be "hooked" on cruising like the rest of us! :)

We are on the same sailing. You should check out the Roll Call Boards.

My suggestion for Cozumel is to take a cab to the beach in the morning. Check out the Ports sections of the boards and you will get a lot of great suggestions. Then I would go downtown in the afternoon to do some shopping and to check out Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs.

We just got back from a 4 night on the Enchantment. You are going to love this ship. I highly recommend Chops it was the best food and service I have ever had on land or at sea.(worth every penny of the $20 cover) This was our second time to Cozumel did the shopping thing last time but this time we rented a cab for the day ($70) he took us all over the island and would stop any where we asked and would wait for us and then move on. We stopped at a little bar on the top of a cliff looking out over the water the place is called Coconuts 3 beers 1 margarita chips and really good salsa $13 included tip (could have stayed there all day long). Another stop along the way was San Gervasio Mayan ruins. Not bad much quicker than a 6 hour trip to Tulum. What ever you choose to do you picked the best ship for your first cruise.

We were on the 9-2 sailing (our 2nd cruise). The ship is beautiful and we thought the food and service were really good. The nightly shows in the theatre were very enjoyable. Entertainment around the pool deck is a lot of fun as is the wide variety of music in the various lounges. Make sure to check the daily Compass (newsletter) so that you don't miss out on anything that sounds like fun to you.

Depends on what you like to do...some people can't live without balconies, and actually use them. We are always on the go, and almost all of our awake time on the ship is spent in the public areas, so we just get the cheapest interior room we can. All we do in our cabin is shower, change clothes and sleep. Others like breakfast brought to them in the morning so they can spend more private time, or they go back to their cabins for drinks before dinner, etc. Those folks usually like the balcony rooms. If you are claustrophobic, interior rooms are smaller than exterior, but unless you get a suite, none of them are very large. Enjoy your cruise!

thank you guys. any tips on what to do in cozymel. i'm getting more and more excited (this is my for my girlfriend and i)

grad

My daughters did the dolphin swim in coz at Chakkanab (sp) at dolphin discovery for 99.00 was well worth it and she spent over 45 min in the water with the dolphins, I then bought the video and pics for an additional 75.00 but still worth it. Another time we scuba dived in Coz,, very beautiful.. there are alot of options for cozumel. have you checked out the excursions page yet?

I will be sailing on The Enchantment 12/04/06 right before you and can't wait!

As for an inside, you should be fine, especially since you have not sailed before. You will be in port 2 days, so unless you are planning on staying on the ship the whole time, how long will you honestly be in your cabin? A 4 night cruise is just too short to spend the whole time in your cabin when there is sooooo much other things to do!

You can visit the "ports of call" boards for info on Cozumel and Key West. You'll get a ton of great ideas on what to do there.

Get out there! :D

And have a wonderful cruise!

A~

Archived