Zaandam in room toiletries

poorsusan

I am cruising San Diego to Hawaii on the Zaandam for 15 days in January 07. For 2 days prior to and after the cruise we are staying in San Diego. We are flying from Albany NY. I would like to lighten my packing. What kind of soap and shampoo are in the cabins. Neither my hair or skin are fussy - I don't need special. Because we are going to be gone so long - total of 20 days - I would prefer not to pack full size bottles.

(I originally posted in Beauty and Fashion - and most people do not use what is in the cabins....and when they do notice, their some discrepency with what they say. It was the suggestion that I ask here. )

Thanks in advance. After my son gets married this Saturday, I will really start working on stuff for the cruise.

The short answer is yes, shampoo and soap are provided and replaced as needed. I don't imagine you'll be sorry if you don't pack your own.

I really have enjoyed the Elemis products that you'll find in a nifty display in the HAL cabins. There will be a mild glycerine soap that works well for faces, a bath gel, and a bath bar. The shampoo/conditioner does a good job although I like to tuck a small bottle of conditioner in my suitcase anyway. Something about pool water, sea spray and wind makes my hair take on interesting characteristics after awhile. :p

You'll also find a small bottle of hand and body lotion. It smells great!

Best wishes to your son and new daughter-in-law.:)

If you don`t have sensitive skin then I think the products are fine. There will be lotion, shampoo/conditioner, two sizes of soap, shower cap and sewing kit. I think they are now using Elemis products which are quite nice and the sizes are generous. Of course, you will always get refills when you run out:cool:

Archived