Island Princess January 26, 2007

twoshots

:cool: Hello,

We are going on Island Princess next January with another couple that we have cruised with several times. We want to know what you recommend for shore excursions on the islands. We are retired. :p

If anyone is going on the same cruise we'd love to chat now and then meet with you aboard ship. RC has Meet & Mingle, but Princess doesn't seem to have anything like that...maybe we can start our own group!

Thanks for any information you can give us.

Jan & Rich

Check out the Hawaii forum for info on the islands . Excursions , what to do on your own and car rentals among many other things are discussed . We will be on the Island on Oct 21 . I will post a review upon our return .

If you go to the ports of call message board, there's a lot of information regarding excursions.....who liked what, value, etc. We're going on the Mighty Mo and tubing in Kauai so far. Honestly, I sometimes think the best excursion is just wallowing by the pool while everyone leaves the ship. :D

Hi,

You're right about just hanging out on ship when in port. We do that in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and a few other places now. We are also planning on Big Mo and the Arizona. My husband and our friend Joy are going on a helicopter, her husband James and I will do something less frightening!

Thanks for the tips.

Hope to see you on board someday!

Jan:)

We rented cars on each island (ahead of time) and with four of us, it was a super way to "do" the islands............easy driving and much less cost.

Also, we were able to see and do at our own pace..........no big tour bus stuff.

Archived