Live From the Conquest!

suzy1212

Suzy

Thanks for doing this.

We're still up in the air as to what to do at Grand Cayman. Want a reasonable package that gets us to the sting rays and then puts us on a beach until its time to board the last tender.

We went on Nativeways Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour. It went to a reef to snorkel, then to the stingray sandbar, then to Rum Point for lunch and beach time. It was $60 each. It was fun. Sheldon our driver was wonderful. So was Everton and Bobby, his helpers on the boat.

So, is Damien still in the piano bar. Well, hate to say it. I have had him on two cruises. Not to say I didn't have a great time cause I did. Was just hoping for someone new. Joe would be great. Been in his bar on the Victory and he was a riot. Not that Damien is not just seen him twice before. Joe and Damien would get my vote for #1 pianoist as I have been to many of the piano bars on ships and some were not worth going back too.

Damien is still here. I think I read on the piano player thread that he is on here until sometime in October. I could ask him, but he usually plays the same time as Blood Power...

We went on Nativeways Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour. It went to a reef to snorkel, then to the stingray sandbar, then to Rum Point for lunch and beach time. It was $60 each. It was fun. Sheldon our driver was wonderful. So was Everton and Bobby, his helpers on the boat.

Thanks - we just reserved it.

Thank you so much for sharing a few minutes of your vacation with us. I can't wait to read your review.I hope Todd will still be on the Conquest in May. We just love him. I'm glad you are enjoying your cruise.

That Mardi Gras party is great,huh? We were under the impression that there would be a costume contest & my daughter glued beads all over her clothes & bought a sequined hat & boa. It turned out that only she & a man were the only ones in costumes. They had alot of fun & it wasn't hard to spot them on the ship video. :)

Just left Cozumel. Met Paradise Tom at Paradise Beach. Wonderful place. The guacamole was as good as everyone said. Manuel, our waiter was great. Did the snorkel tour from their pier for $35 each. Great trip. Saw a couple of turtles and a baracuda. :)

Apparently we left a guy. They kept paging him for a while after we sailed this afternoon. Can't remember his name, but he was in 1243. :eek:

Thank you so much for sharing a few minutes of your vacation with us. I can't wait to read your review.I hope Todd will still be on the Conquest in May. We just love him. I'm glad you are enjoying your cruise.

That Mardi Gras party is great,huh? We were under the impression that there would be a costume contest & my daughter glued beads all over her clothes & bought a sequined hat & boa. It turned out that only she & a man were the only ones in costumes. They had alot of fun & it wasn't hard to spot them on the ship video. :)

It's been a blast. My review will include the antics of our dining mates. :eek: I had thought about asking for a table for just the three of us. So glad I didn't. Unfortunately, it will be hard for another cruise to ever measure up to this bunch. (Yes, I have pictures.) :p

I love Todd too. I know I should branch out and try other ships and I shouldn't be too disappointed when they change the crew on this one, but this one is so darn perfect.

Suzy:

Be sure and go to the piano bar and tell Damian that NORM from last week said Hi. Let me know what he says.

Robb

Wow. My husband actually listened to me and remembered what I said! :eek: I told him I needed to tell Damien hi from Norm and he told him last night when he stopped in there.

He also told me Damien has a great memory and remembered all the kids who were with us last December that spent all their time in the piano bar. He rattled off their names. Amazing!

I've wandered into the piano bar a couple of times, but I only stayed a minute. There have been quite a few people there when I've looked. I haven't really stayed long enough to hear much. I've discovered the band Blood Power. When they play, I'm there.

I know what you mean I spent my night time going between Blood Power and Piano bar.

Damien is still here. I think I read on the piano player thread that he is on here until sometime in October. I could ask him, but he usually plays the same time as Blood Power...

Damian gets off ot the Conquest on Oct. 21st. He's going on vacation and hasn't decided if he is going on another ship yet.

Todd is moving to the Liberty in a month or so I think.

Suzy,

Thanks for the info on the fried oysters, my dh loves them. What other seafood is served at Sur Mer? I keep telling dh that he has to find that restaurant on the first day.

Sorry this is the last day of your cruise, so make sure you enjoy every minute of it.

Vette

We're having a blast. Post questions and I'll try to answer them later tonight or tomorrow after GC.

We sail in 8 days-- 10/01--- started packing today---is there anything you wish you had left at home or that you forgot to pack???

What foo- foo drinks have you tried if any?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise aboard the Conquest~

regina$

Hi Suzy!

I hope you had a wonderful cruise. Just as a heads-up the weather is going to be pretty rough when you return to Galveston.

The overnight low at IAH this morning was 81! the highest low ever recorded in September. But a Canadian front is pushing south. The wind has been heavy for 2 days now. Heavy storms are predicted for tonight clearing mid-day tommorow. The next bunch on the Conquest should have a beautiful sailaway but they will sail into the storms. Hopefully they outrun the front by Monday morning.

If you are flying, check your flight status in the morning. The airports may experience delays till the weather clears out.

Thanks for the weather heads up. We're driving, so airport won't be an issue.

I'm sitting on a lounge chair by the aft pool. I'm almost out of internet time, so I'll respond better to the last questions when I get home tomorrow night.

I'll get the pictures of the back of the tv and post them when I get home.

Battery is low, internet minutes are low, they're picking up the empty lounge chairs, cruise is almost over... :(

Can I please have some cheese with my whine? :p

Suzy - thanks so much for sharing your cruise with those of us on dry land counting the months 'til we are where you are! I have two questions - Outside the buffet restaurant - are there tables alongside the rail looking over the water? (like on the Ecstasy?) and second -- can the balcony dividers be opened when traveling next door w/friends?

Suzy - thanks so much for sharing your cruise with those of us on dry land counting the months 'til we are where you are! I have two questions - Outside the buffet restaurant - are there tables alongside the rail looking over the water? (like on the Ecstasy?) and second -- can the balcony dividers be opened when traveling next door w/friends?

Hi Happycamper!

From Suzy's last post it sounds like she has used all her time. I think I can answer your question though. On Conquest class ships the buffet seating is all inside. You can find outside tables around the main pool midship but these seats have large windows separating you from the sea. They are not like the open tables on the Fantasy class ships.

The dividers on the balconies can be opened. If you would like this done you should request it at the purser’s desk as soon as you board or ask your room steward as soon as you meet him/her. If you have the divider opened it will remain opened for the duration of the cruise.

We're having a blast. Post questions and I'll try to answer them later tonight or tomorrow after GC.
Thanks for the "live" updates. We're sailing in April '07 and want to know everything about the Conquest. What excursions did you do and which ones would you recommend?

Thanks,

Ok guys there is one thing that I want to know....We went on conquest in May of this year....Todd was the director...Damian was the piano guy..but the two people that we enjoyed the absolute most were Emil...he is a bartender in Alfreds bar....VERY TALL fellow with dark hair....light complected....AND cesear...he was one of the blackjack dealer's...also an awesome dude..if anyone can answer those for me i would appreciate it! THANKS!

Suzy,

Thanks for the info on the fried oysters, my dh loves them. What other seafood is served at Sur Mer? I keep telling dh that he has to find that restaurant on the first day.

Sorry this is the last day of your cruise, so make sure you enjoy every minute of it.

Vette

I'm not sure what else they had besides the oysters and fish & chips. My son ate something that looked like smoked fish and watermelon. I guess they still have the Bouillabaisse. I didn't really look at the menu, I just got the oysters and I never got around to eating there a second time. It's so easy to forget it's up there.

Suzy, ask your husband if you can take a picture of the back of the T.V. mainly the wiring connections.

Thanks

Fred

Sorry Fred - he was in I've-got-to-get-this-sh**-packed-and-get-back-to-one-last-night-with-our-new-friends mode and I couldn't get him to stop and do it. I'm not allowed to pack anything. :rolleyes:

Suzy -

If you or your hubby get a chance -- Tell Damian - That you heard a guy from Tennessee wants to hear - SWEET MILLER LITE! :) Sure to get a good laugh. Tell him HE IS THE BEST!

The mustworks!

Sorry, didn't have a chance to tell him. He had a crowded the last night. (And every night.)

Archived