Late Flight

Annefran

My daughter & I are cruising on AOS Easter week (07). Our flight going home isn't until 5:35pm. Was wondering what type of excursions anyone has been on that we could do that day to burn up some time before our flight?

I've been to PR for several vacations and pretty much have seen the whole island. How does the excursions work with your luggage and transfers the last day of the cruise? Are we responsible for getting our luggage somewhere for the porters to hold? How do we get our luggage and make sure we get to our flight on time after the excursion?

Thanks for any help!

I know that Princess offers a Rain Forest excursion on debarkation day. They take your bags to the airport in a truck/van and hold it there for you to pick up. The excusion drops you at the airport. We have a 6:30 PM flight and intend to try this excusion. From what you said, you have probably already done this.

You will love the Rain Forest, it's absolutely gorgeous. It does take about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs from Old San Juan area because the highways are always busy. There's natural falls that you can actually go up to and drink right from it. There's a beautiful view once to get to the top of the beaches below.

I'd go see it again, well worth it.

Annefran, With that much time I would suggest you go see Camuy Caves if you haven't seen them before... spectacular. They're about 90 minutes driving time from the piers and the tour takes about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

I don't know if any of the cruise lines offer a tour to Camuy Caves, but you could rent a car in Old San Juan and drop it off at the airport on your return. That way you could take your luggage with you if you wished.

Dave :)

Archived