Standard Balcony or Extended Balcony

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

We'll be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversay and my husbands 50th birthday on the Carnival Legend. What is the difference between a standard balcony and an extended balcony? We definitely want a balcony but was wondering what was better for "romantic evenings"?

The extended balcony is just that....wider (extended). I've had both and if the price difference is ok by you go for the extended. On the regular balcony I would sit in the chair and feel as though I was tight against the railing. On the extended balcony, there was room for a lounge chair, regular chair, a small table and people too. We spent much more time on the balcony with the extended version.

Barbados Baby,

I wish you luck with the romantic evenings you have planned on your balcony. We also had the same thoughts about our extended balcony however, we could not sit out there let alone be romantic out there.

Unfortunately, we were stuck right beside a chainsmoking couple who used their balcony the entire cruise. What made it even worse was that the privacy divider could not go all the way to the top of the deck above us nor go all the way to the back wall because there was an metal arch there thus allowing ALL the smoke to come over to us. Personally IF I cruise again, I will not pay for a balcony, I did not get to use it. I will get an ocean view unless there is something done about the smoking situation.

I got a great price using cruisequick.com on an extended balcony room. We are going on the Legend for our honeymoon and I wanted a nice room with a balcony but we couldn't afford a suite or anything so my fiance said unless I found a great price we were going to be stuck with an inside cabin. I got a category 8I it's on the the Panorama deck and I got it for a 7A price (obstructed balcony)! I would defintely go for the extended balcony I've heard they are great no matter what level you get one on. I have a picture of the extended balconies if you'd like to see it e-mail me at JAYeagersGrl@aol.com

~Lisa

We had an 8I on the Legend. There was quite a bit of overhang from the Lido deck above. Don't know if the sides would provide you enough privacy for a romantic evening, but give it a shot! :D

Archived