Dolphin swim question....

happy2bcruzin

I am looking at booking the dolphin swim but I have a few questions. Our ship is in port from 9 - 6. I can either book the swim at 10 or at 2. I am not sure that we could make the 10 in time but I am leary of booking the 2 and making it back to the ship on time. I am booking this direct with Dolphin Discovery and I am really not sure how long it takes to get there and back.

Can anyone tell me how far away the park is....

happy2bcruzin -

I would go for the 2pm - if your ship arrives at 9am CST you won't make it to the 10am time. Yes- it's only a 15 minute taxi ride from the pier but you also have to consider time to disembark and possibly tender to the dock as well. Also you have to check in 1 hour prior (or at least 30 minutes) so you would actually have to be there by 930am.

We book folks at 330p that leave at 6pm - so if you do the 2pm you will have plenty of time considering it lasts about 1 hour - plus maybe another 30 minutes if you decide to watch the DVD or look at the photos.

burners -

You can book when you arrive - however you have the chance of the space not being available at that time. The Encounter price is $79 adult/$69 child - whether you book in advance or pay when you arrive -

Again - spaces are limited and this is a very popular activity so if you definitely want to do it, I would book ahead!!

Also- be sure and print your coupon for a $2 discount off the park entry fee ($16 adult/$8 child) - http://www.cozumelinsider.com/coupons - you need to click on the coupon for the actual pdf file coupon to appear and print that - fill out the number of people and take it with you - one per family is sufficient.

Cozumel Insider Jacq

I would also recommend the 2pm the way you can go early enjoy the park first and not be rushed! The swim was the BEST excursion we have done in 8 cruises! We got the pics. but not the DVD as we were in the last swim of the day & pushing to get back to the ship(which left earlier than yours)

I do warn not to get in the cab & tell the driver to hurry as you don't to miss the ship! It only took us 10 minutes to get back!!what a ride!

I also would not wait to book when you get there. We booked months in advance & had to take the last swim I think it was 3or 3:30 because they fill up fast!

enjoy!!

Debbie

Does anyone know if you can book the dolphin encounter on the day you get to the park or do you have to prebook it .Is it cheaper to prebook? Thanks

I have not been to the dolpin adventure here but I can tell you that in the Bahamas it booked out months in advance. Guess it also depends on time of year. During busy months when kids are off I would say it will book out way in advance.

Question:

DVD of the swim...how much is it?

Pics? How much?

Do they have packages? If so... do you remember prices?

DVD's

Royal Swim - $50

Swim Adventure - $35

Encounter - $29

Pics are 5 x7 and panoramic - regular are $12 and panoramic $20 -

No dealing on video (DVD) however I have bargained with the photo people when buying more than 1 picture - a couple of dollars off each one - better than nothing. I guess the DVD can be recorded over so there is no reason to bargain - the pictures on the other hand go into storage or eventually trash so might as well deal if they can!!

Do forget to print and take the coupon for $2 off the Chankanaab Park entry fee - http://www.cozumelinsider.com/coupon you have to click on the coupon to go to the file to get the "real" coupon.

Have Fun!!

CozumelInsider Jacq

DVD's

Royal Swim - $50

Swim Adventure - $35

Encounter - $29

Do forget to print and take the coupon for $2 off the Chankanaab Park entry fee - http://www.cozumelinsider.com/coupon you have to click on the coupon to go to the file to get the "real" coupon.

Have Fun!!

CozumelInsider Jacq

Thanks for the prices..I booked through the ship, so my entrance to the park is included!

happy2bcruzin -

You can book when you arrive - however you have the chance of the space not being available at that time. The Encounter price is $79 adult/$69 child - whether you book in advance or pay when you arrive -

Again - spaces are limited and this is a very popular activity so if you definitely want to do it, I would book ahead!!

Also- be sure and print your coupon for a $2 discount off the park entry fee ($16 adult/$8 child) - www.cozumelinsider.com/coupons - you need to click on the coupon for the actual pdf file coupon to appear and print that - fill out the number of people and take it with you - one per family is sufficient.

Cozumel Insider Jacq

czmjacq,

If you book ahead of time and for some reason your ship is unable to tender or misses the port for whatever reason, will you still be charged. We would prefer to book directly rather than through the ship, do you know what their policy is with cruise passangers? Thanks:)

czmjacq,

If you book ahead of time and for some reason your ship is unable to tender or misses the port for whatever reason, will you still be charged. We would prefer to book directly rather than through the ship, do you know what their policy is with cruise passangers? Thanks:)

Cut and pasted directly from DD site...under "fax"

I´m traveling by cruise ship. What happens if my boat is delayed, or diverted away from Cozumel or Tortola and I can't participate in my program - do I get a refund?

Yes - if for any reason your cruise ship is delayed, or diverted away from your Dolphin Discovery destination, you will be entitled to a full refund upon verification of the delay/diversion with the cruise line company.

czmjacq,

I would check directly with the company you book through because it varies- I think Dolphin Discovery processes the charges immediately and am guessing that the ship excursion does the same - either way you should qualify for a refund if your ship does not arrive to Cozumel for any reason, but you do need to contact them directly to ask for it - it won't be automatic.

I know when we book folks to do the dolphins we require a CC as a guarantee but you actually pay when you arrive 30 minutes- 1 hour prior to the activity - they will charge for no shows however since we are here in Cozumel, the dolphin folks first check with us to find out why our folks no-showed and if it's due to the ship not docking they don't process the charge at all. Nice thing about being right here on the island with the Cozumel dolphin staff!!

Jacqui

Got a question. We're doing the Dolphin Adventure in 2 weeks and my husband is on the fence as to swim with the family or take pictures. How close (or far away) are spectators to take personal pictures? Thanks!

I would say to do it as a family as it is something you will always remember. I did this in the Bahamas and they took plenty of pictures. Believe me they want to sell you pictures and DVD's as it is a large part of the money making tools for these places. So if the ONLY reason he was thinking of not doing it was for taking pictures...no worries.

Archived