mercury menus

bobhesse

We just took our third.

I don't eat beef or lamb, so I really didn't pay attention to those items. I'm a fish, pork and chicken kinda guy.

I did see much of the same, but it seemed like the lamb dishes were more prevailent. And of course my favorite escargot was stiil there, although I like it plain and not in the pastry shell as it was on the last night. I actually tried a lot of the pastas. The jalepeno polenta was really good this time. prior it was a little bland, this time it was SPICY!. THey still have the usual salads and appetizers. The breakfast menu was exactly the same, so I asked for one in a different language so I could point and be surprised at what I would get one day.

The thing I did was to make use of ordering the Salmon, or Chicken OFF the menu some nights to mix things up a bit. Also at lunch as well as dinner, because there are a lot of Indian employees, if you ask the day before you can get the special dish of the day. I like to try new things and the curried dishes were great. Ask you waiter about what is being cooked up for the next day.

Basically it seemed like the same food. But we never had a bad meal, and I did try some things that I hadn't in the past.

Sorry if that doesn't answer your question, but its the best I've got.

Dave:eek:

Also at lunch as well as dinner, because there are a lot of Indian employees, if you ask the day before you can get the special dish of the day. I like to try new things and the curried dishes were great. Ask you waiter about what is being cooked up for the next day.

What a fabulous idea this is!! I had no idea that cruise lines did this for their staff or that they would share with the passengers.

Thanks Dave,

Marlee

BobHesse--check out http://www.jeffs.net/menu-frames.htm for current Mercury menus. We are doing the Mexican Riv. in Jan., first time on Mercury.

On all our cruises the waiter would tell us what was for dinner the next night without being asked. The dinner menus are posted outside the dining room right after lunch, so even if you don't know the night before, you can get the info a few hours ahead of time.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

Archived