45 day letter

mac4cruise

We got ours because of a couple of problems we had while on our first cruise on the Triumph. It was a letter sent to us to receive a free gift from Carnival. In it we were to call Carnival 45 days before our second cruise to choose our gift. It is for things like photo coupons, drink coupons, cabin decorations, etc.

I got a 45 day letter after my last cruise by writing to Carnival about the problems with docking in Tampa. I plan to use it on my Glory cruise that I have booked for January. I will let you know what I get when I am 45 days out. I wish that time was now!:o

I received a 45-day letter when I had requested a particular recipe. They sent the recipe but miscalculated the amounts when they converted their large batch into a batch serving 8. When I confirmed the portions, they sent me the letter along with the correction.

I called within 45 days of the next cruise. The agent asked me questions as to whether we drank alcohol and other preferences. Since my mother (non-drinker) was going with me, I told them no alcohol. Besides a friend of mine had received a bottle of wine from Carnival and said it was horrible. I'm not a big wine drinker anyway.

When we arrived at dinner the second night (the first night's schedule was off due to late departure), the waiter brought an envelope with soda coupons for the children and told me there was a bottle of wine for us to enjoy at dinner. For several nights the waiter would ask whether we wanted the wine. Each time I told him no and that we would not be drinking the wine. Finally he got the message. He checked on what could be substituted. I managed to trade the bottle to receive the newer cookbook for only $5 instead of $20.

• 1 year later...

Archived