Destiny Review 09/10 - 09/17

serene56

I know I have seen this addressed before and didn't pay attention, but what is your opinion on the drink coupons? I like to drink some of the drinks of the day, but do they work for those or only for refills? thanks!

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

drink of the day in a regular cup is 4.25 plus 15% gratutity is 4.89 (coupons are good for 5.00 each- so ya throw 11cents per drink.

The coupons are not good for the sovernier cup-- you jsut pay extra for that.

But you can use the coupon for refills. and pay the extra $1.00 on your sign and sail card. refills are 5.95 each

frozen drinks like the dirty banana, miami vice, daquiris, pina coloda is the best to use the coupons.. you save 25 cents each one.

May I suggest instead of the drink coupons== call 1-800-906-7603

and either place $25.00 onto your shipboard account or have them mail you the 25.00 gift certificate (which takes 10 days to be processed and received)

Serene, great review. I felt it was very well thought out and objective. I am already booked on the Destiny, so there is no going back for me now. I am planning to go with an open mind and am sure the ports will be great! I was just curious did you (or anyone else with similiar problems on the Destiny) write to Carnival guest relations to let them know about the issues? I am wondering if anything is being done to address all of these negative comments the Destiny is generating for Carnival.

serene56

I have not seen any mention of karoake on the Destiny. My daughter is a karoake queen.

Bob :rolleyes:

Yes there is definitely karoake on the ship. It was packed everytime I went there. :)

I was just curious did you (or anyone else with similiar problems on the Destiny) write to Carnival guest relations to let them know about the issues? I am wondering if anything is being done to address all of these negative comments the Destiny is generating for Carnival.

I did go to the pursers office and discussed a few issues with the Matre D "Omar" who was very nice and understanding.. But the situation in the dining room got a tad worse when I did that- We stopped going after Tuesday and it was much better for us. I left the steward 3 notes about the dirty balcony. and nothing. I do understand the man was overworked. Cleaning 26 cabins alone twice is way toomuch work. (I hope all those people tipped him accordingly per person too.) way too many people in each cabin along his halls.

Mostly I got the response that this is what works for this ship. It jsut didnt work for me. I think most people keep complaints to themselves and not let anyone onboard to know of problems. (At least give them a chance to recitify the wrong.

Archived