world cruise review

roscoe39

is anyone aware of any blogs or reviews that anyone has written of their world cruise or specifically over the Singapore to Southampton sectors., Id be interested in reading them and getting a view of their impressions during that sector.....thanks roscoe

is anyone aware of any blogs or reviews that anyone has written of their world cruise or specifically over the Singapore to Southampton sectors., Id be interested in reading them and getting a view of their impressions during that sector.....thanks roscoe

There was an amusing blog for Queen Mary 2's jaunt around the horn last winter from "jackatsea." I may do a blog for the QE2 2007 cruise if a tech friend can figure out a cheap way.

he's on the case... I would love to do it, especially since I am an English lit major and retiring from public relations!
What if you were to write it up as an email to him, (assuming QE email rates are the same as QM) and he could post it. With a flat rate of $1.50, per email I think it was- (Anybody know if they do the flat rate onthe QE since I don't think they have email from your room) even if it was daily, that would still be affordable, I would think.

Karie, Who can only DREAM of being on the world! (Heck, I'd be happy just to be out on the town!)

roscoe39 it will nice to see you again on the QE2. :) I too am booked on the QE2, Singapore to Southampton in 2007, but I am going all the way to FTL. See you onboard. Would also be interested in seeing a review of this portion of the voayage.

:confused: Opps, sorry I guess I didn't read your post correctly. you will be on the QV in 2008 and I will be on the QE2 in 2007. Guess I will NOT see you. :(

actually....i do have a booking on the 2007 sector....but it doesnt look as though I am going to be able to make it due to business commitments....the QV booking was always my backup and now looks to be the likely one. Ive started doing the research but most reviews are around the states and not so many around this part of the world.

Im sure youll miss me........lol

Hi! My husband and I were on the full World Cruise on the QE2 this year. We published a "home-made" website during the voyage. We also had a "Flat Stanley" project that accompanied us. A third grade class followed us and thus was their geography lesson for the year!! The web site is ourworldcruise2006.com if you're interested. The site is in its final stages, so some of the navigation, links, etc. are not in great shape!! The trip is broken into 8 sections - you'll have to look to find Singapore to Southampton - but it should all be there!!

THATS FANTASTIC.....thanks exactly what i wanted...will start to read it tonight after work. You did the same route they have planed for the QueenVictoria in 2008 and so it will give me a great in sight....though probably will make me ask lots of questions....hope you dont mind! regards roscoe

Here's a post I came across that we found very helpful.

Cheers,

Gina

=======================

posted 07-29-2005 07:15 PM

Back from the 2005 QE2 World Cruise. We traveled across the South Pacific, New Zealand, and Australia. This was the second time sailing on the QE2. In 2003, we traveled on the 16 night, Darwin/Hong Kong segment of the QE2 World Cruise (M1 cabin, Mauretania Restaurant).

* Had a wonderful time. Food in Mauretania has improved from 2003. Very good service as usual.

* Overall the air conditioning system was better than before. There were several days during our 2003 World Cruise that were horribly uncomfortable in certain parts of the ship (ie: Queen's Room).

* We always enjoy the ballroom dancing. We noticed that the dance hosts were not as friendly as before. The air conditioning was poor at times. The fans didn't help. We were hoping to hear Khan Lowe again singing in the Queen's Room. We fell in love with his beautiful tenor voice on the 2003 World Cruise. We still remember how passionate and joyful this young man was when he sang.

* We enjoyed the lectures. And the computer instruction was helpful.

* We noticed more Japanese passengers on board than before. We met a Japanese woman in the Queen's Room who had traveled on 5 World Cruises on the QE2.

* We also missed our former Cruise Directors Colin Parker and Trevor. Although no particular individual stood out, everyone on the cruise staff did a very good job.

* We decided not to join most of the shore excursions this year. We met a couple at dinner and we shared a rental car in several of the ports which worked out just fine. Very enjoyable company - and lifelong friends.

* We plan on returning in 2006. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us.

* We decided not to join most of the shore excursions this year. We met a couple at dinner and we shared a rental car in several of the ports which worked out just fine. Very enjoyable company - and lifelong friends.

* We plan on returning in 2006. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Gina, I am on the full 2007 QE2 cruise and keep reading negative comments about the shore excursions. Are they that bad? The reason I ask is that I will be traveling solo (first time ever in all my travels) and seem to feel that taking the excursions is my only option. Hope to meet you aboard. Any advice will be appreciated!

Bobby

have just finished reading J & Js review of the world cruise that is mentioned above....wow.....great review. I dream of being able to write that entertainingly! I recommend it to you Bobby and any body else interested....get in before all the links stop working!..... its a great insight. Im planning to do a few of the excursions offerred byt he ship but intend on doing it on my own for a couple of the ports....or at least independantly with others I meet on board. To do this I think that you cant do enough research.... I hope you will do us the honour of a review as well so we can benefit by your experiences!....

ROK if youre still around...ive saved the reviews if you miss them and can e them to you.,... i found them very interesting.

Gina, I am on the full 2007 QE2 cruise and keep reading negative comments about the shore excursions. Are they that bad? The reason I ask is that I will be traveling solo (first time ever in all my travels) and seem to feel that taking the excursions is my only option. Hope to meet you aboard. Any advice will be appreciated!

Bobby

Regarding shore excursions, the ship's excursions are certainly not your only opportunity. Are they bad? Generally no; however, it is almost always your fellow passengers who make for a negative situation. We used the ship's shore excursions almost exclusively and overall, we were pleased with our choices. We can remember only one shore excursion that was not worth the time or effort - and that was mainly due to our tour guide. We found that 99% of the tour guides were well educated, kind, spoke excellent English, answered all of the questions and were very proud of their city/country and couldn't wait to tell you all about it!

You'll be surprised at the number of people who you will befriend and will have an opportunity to tour with during the World Cruise.

k rok...ive sent a test email through to what i think is your address .. it hasnt bounced back yet...

as a thankyou...ill expect you to be nicer to me when we are on the next cruise together..............................................joke....

Regarding shore excursions, the ship's excursions are certainly not your only opportunity. Are they bad? Generally no; however, it is almost always your fellow passengers who make for a negative situation. We used the ship's shore excursions almost exclusively and overall, we were pleased with our choices. We can remember only one shore excursion that was not worth the time or effort - and that was mainly due to our tour guide. We found that 99% of the tour guides were well educated, kind, spoke excellent English, answered all of the questions and were very proud of their city/country and couldn't wait to tell you all about it!

You'll be surprised at the number of people who you will befriend and will have an opportunity to tour with during the World Cruise.

J & J, Thank you so much for your thoughtful and encouraging response. I am in the twilight days of my job from which I will retire on December 22nd with so many mixed emotions. I am bittersweet about leaving the job I have loved so much on one hand, but on the other ready to go on the cruise tomorrow! It is like being in limbo. Thanks again for this information.

Bobby

PS... As I will have many pieces of luggage, can they be stored outside the cabin in some sort of baggage room down below?

J & J, Thank you so much for your thoughtful and encouraging response. I am in the twilight days of my job from which I will retire on December 22nd with so many mixed emotions. I am bittersweet about leaving the job I have loved so much on one hand, but on the other ready to go on the cruise tomorrow! It is like being in limbo. Thanks again for this information.

Bobby

PS... As I will have many pieces of luggage, can they be stored outside the cabin in some sort of baggage room down below?

Might we add one word . . . relax! You can't possibly sweat all of the details!! This will be one of the most wonderful experiences of your life . . . enjoy the ride - so to speak!! We understand that you want to make the most of the ports you visit; however, in the 8 to 12 hours you are in most ports - a person can only see so much! Enjoy the experience of the people and embrace the culture of the country . . . take tons of pictures . . . Savor each port as a new experience!!

With regard to your luggage, we had 9 large pieces of luggage - all of which stored quite easily under our bed (some of them nested); however, if you need to store your luggage, your cabin steward(ess) will be happy to get it to the Baggage Master.

The entire crew of the QE2 was absolutely wonderful throughout the World Cruise -- they are most accommodating!!

Archived