Booking next cruise while cruising?

cruisevers

Unless it's an unbelievable deal, there is no (financial) advantage to booking another cruise while on a CARNIVAL ship. The only benefit would be to get a desired stateroom.

RCI does give you an shipboard credit of $100 (for a 7-night cruise) when you book onboard.

I booked another cruise while on the Triumph in May of this year. Got a good price, plus shipboard credit and can change the dates or ship with no penalty within a 9 (?) month ( I think - can't remember) time period.

They state that if you book while on the cruise, you will be guaranteed the dining time you request.

Guaranteed dining time wouldn't be enough for me. Besides who ever didn't get the dining time they wanted?

Tom D: I totally agree with you. That's the only reason I've ever heard given to book while on the cruise. We thought perhaps there'd be some special deal, so we talked to the pursers about booking. No special deals at all, just pick your dining time and we'll give it to you. Judy

I don't know how Carnival works, but on Princess, you can book a "phantom" cruise (no specified date). You only put down $100 deposit, you get a onboard credit, you can transfer the booking number to your T/A. You can then have the T/A find you the best price on whatever cruise you pick and the onboard credit applies.

Archived