Air Fare reduction

Johnny789

Another PLUS for traveling with AirTran. Everytime the prices go down, I have called them and i get credit towards my next flight. One year I had a round trip tix paid for with the credits. This time I have found 3 price reductions and have gotten $160.00 towards our next vacation flights. This makes it easier to plan our next cruise with airfare credits. Then we also use AirTran VISA and we get at least one round trip paid for....

Posters getting credits from Air Tran, tell me the proceedure. Our flights in February were almost $400 each. Now that fuel is going down I would expect those prices to lower and really want to benefit from this. I don't expect the airline to contact me even though we are frequent flyers so I want to be on top of this. Also, if the rates keep going down how many times can you get a credit and/or rebook?

I know that RCCL will lower your fare after you book if the price goes down. Has anybody have an airline give you a price reduction after you book. I booked continental now the fare is less.

YES I have but I had to pay the penalty.

For our Freedom cruise in 6 weeks we paid 1150 for 4 people to fly American. I just moved the date and paid a $50 pp penalty and I still saved $400. Now if I had waited I would have saved over half. AA offered either to credit my card or give me flight credit. I know the closer your flight is though the penalties and rules are different.

I have a friend who flies Southwest all the time and she checks back often to see if they have lowered their prices for her flights. They do not charge a penalty but they only give you flight credit not money back.

On Southwest you can cancel and rebook for no fee, you receive credit for 1 year on any amount not used. I am a frequent Southwest airlines flyer and do this quite frequently.

I second that, I love southwest for that reason, you can make changes, cancel, anything you want with no penalty and if the price goes down, they will give you a credit for future use

Archived