Back from 9/16 CB...

jennew

I can hardly review it all here....I just got home about 30 minutes ago.

I will touch on our JetBlue experience in another thread...stay tuned, it's a doosey. :rolleyes:

The Jetblue "experience" left us stranded in NYC for the night and then we flew to FLL very early....we had no luggage in NYC so we were a little rumpled and not so happy when we got to port....sigh....

Embarkment was ok. We got there at 10:45 and waited in line until about 12:45 or so. We made it to our room by 1:15, not bad at all really.

The stateroom EXCEEDED our hopes. The balcony is the biggest I have ever seen. Two full loungers, a table and two chairs and still PLENTY of room. It is VERY private....We just loved it. We spent each morning out there and rarely left our room before lunch time. We also ended each evening there and found it hard to tear ourselves away from the sound of the wake...sigh

On board activities were fun. I placed in the top six for the slot tournament and won a t-shirt. We played Scene it, Passenger Feud and the Sienfield game. We also won a little at the Horse races. Our name was drawn for a free tote bag, but I already have one so I gave it away.

By the way- the horses were auctioned off for $30 to $45 dollars each (someone asked that)

We also won one of the drawings at the Spa....$50 off a stone treatment. I have a story about the Spa that I will post next...just wait for that :o

The food was very good....not as good as our last cruise, but good. I was disappointed (slightly) with the buffet. The Caribe set up is confusing and it is hard to tell WHICH buffet is open at times. I am a little fussy....so this is just my opinion. However, I hated the night they had Oktober Fest....the food was...scarey....and we had already decided not to do the Dining room because we don't like the Italian night menu. I have to say....where did they GET that Italian night menu??? We are the D'Alessandro's...we KNOW Italian and that food is NOT IT. :rolleyes:

Anyway...all was not lost, I got a cheeseburger and I survived nicely.

MUTS....is loud. This was our first experience with it. We went last night to try it out and it was a nice setting....but the sound was so loud it distorted the soundtrack. The bass was vibrating the deck and at times you could not make out what they were saying.

Bert was there singing and I loved him. DH was not a fan but would allow me a song or two when we passed through.

We did have lunch once in the diningroom and we made it to Tea one time. I was glad we did that....but we probably won't again. We were happy to keep to ourselves and take naps...

Which brings me to this....sharing a table can be wierd. We did this three times and only once was it a good experience. Being "trapped" there with a snob, a conversation hog or a complainer is just no fun.

Speaking of complainers....I met so many people who had to tell me that this cruise was not as good as the one they took on < insert cruise line here >....ARGH:eek: . Why do people do that? I will hold fast to one thing- there is no such thing as a BAD CRUISE. Enjoy the ocean, the sun, the public areas, your room, your partner, the food you don't have to shop for, cook, serve, or clean up after....focus on what you LIKE and shut UP about what you don't.

**hops off soapbox**

Heck, even during the one night that I hated the buffet, we LAUGHED about it. DH said "can't believe you are hungry on a CRUISE!"....and it was ok.

Our steward was not great....had to be reminded several times to meet requests. We found out that this was his VERY first cruise. Ok then...in that case he did great. We gave him a few hints before we left...and a big tip. He will do great and I am glad we were one of the first to help break him in.

Last thing for this post....disembarking was a mess. They need to examine that and make it better. It was better on the Grand and on the Star, so the line CAN do it.

More posts to come...

Thanks Jennew. You were in "my" cabin B749. I'll be there in 5 weeks and 4 hours, but who's counting.

You had all the right ideas. ENJOY that balcony, ENJOY those naps, ENJOY the food no matter what. You didn't have to cook it, nor clean it up. That in inself is a treat.

Looking forward to your pictures.

Linda

:)

we were on this cruise with you and we had a glorious time. i agree with you about complainers...just hush it and be glad you arent at work, or have the ability to cruise and have good health, etc....We were in the winning group for Passenger Feud. That was fun. How about the girl that won the final Bingo...$2700...paid for her cruise!

Looking forward to reading more about your cruise and seeing pics.

So on the buffet you hated, there was nothing nice at all? no salad or sliced turkey, pork, roast? no salmon?

I really saw nothing I liked on that buffet...and DH (who is not as picky) also did not care for the choices. We should have booked Sabatini's that night. Live and learn.

I am sure there are people who love all that Kraut and Snitzle stuff, so I certainly would not suggest they remove this particular buffet.

Archived