What Is Laundry Deal Current On Noordam.....

ESLO

Hi All,

We are now getting ready for our cruise on the Noordam in 3 weeks when she returns from Europe for our Caribbean Cruise.

Can someone inform me as best as you can about the laundry deal particularly the Noordam. We are aware of the situation of no facilities onboard for passengers to do self help and only thru ship services.

Interested in the individual bag and also full cruise rate. Don't know if there is a copy of the forms posted on this board.

Thank you in advance for the input all will be giving.

Your help will make our luggage lighter especially since I will be carrying them!

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

By my understanding it varies.

We were on in March of this year. At that time, IIRC it was 12.00 per bag, or 75.00 for the full 11 day cruise.

I saw someone post about being on her in Europe, and I believe they said that it was something like 23.00 or 25.00 per bag.

I think that it does vary by itinerary.

Hi All,

We are now getting ready for our cruise on the Noordam in 3 weeks when she returns from Europe for our Caribbean Cruise.

Can someone inform me as best as you can about the laundry deal particularly the Noordam. We are aware of the situation of no facilities onboard for passengers to do self help and only thru ship services.

Interested in the individual bag and also full cruise rate. Don't know if there is a copy of the forms posted on this board.

Your help will make our luggage lighter especially since I will be carrying them!

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Call HAl too..

But the bags are small ... not what we all are used to too.

The bag size is about a 3 gallon.:eek:

We're just off the Sep.8 sailing of the Noordam. A full bag of laundry was $25. Since I had already put money into our onboard account, I took advantage of the service. The laundry was back within 2 days beautifully done.

Tooalto - How long was your itinerary? Do you have any tips regarding the cruise? I'm going on the Noordam 11/15.

Elso - thank you for asking this question, I had been wondering the exact same thing!

We're just off the Sep.8 sailing of the Noordam. A full bag of laundry was $25. Since I had already put money into our onboard account, I took advantage of the service. The laundry was back within 2 days beautifully done.

Thank you Tooalto,

Hope you had a great trip and took good care of the Noordam for us. Her reviews are great!

Sounds like from your answer and others, that different trips have different prices. Those from early this year US: Caribbean cruise are $12- a bag and about $75- for a full cruise. EUROPE: are $25- a bag.

Well, we do have an idea and see what they present us onboard.

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Thank you Tooalto,

Hope you had a great trip and took good care of the Noordam for us. Her reviews are great!

Sounds like from your answer and others, that different trips have different prices. Those from early this year US: Caribbean cruise are $12- a bag and about $75- for a full cruise. EUROPE: are $25- a bag.

Well, we do have an idea and see what they present us onboard.

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Yes the price differentials do exist .. In Europe the Tourista menu vs Local...

They even charge for ice...:rolleyes:

Nay you both and fellow shipmates have fair winda and a following sea..

may you have a full house for your sermons as well .

God Speed to you all.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All,

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Have a wonderful trip, Ed & Bev!

You certainly don't have far to travel to board the Noordam!

Let us know how it goes, and let us know the deal on the laundry charges.

Hi All,

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

I'm interested in what the laundry deal is.....would you please get back to us upon your return......wishing you a wonderful cruise....we will be going on the Noordam in Dec.....have fun.

Just checked our Account from our April/May 2006 trip on the Prinsendam to the Amazon..We did laundry twice for $12.00 per bag..

The bags look small but you can stuff lots in them..You have to roll the clothes tightly & stuff socks & small item in the corners etc..My DH helped me stuff as he's stronger than me & very good at stuffing..LOL..The bags were so heavy thought they would tear but they held together..Everything came back beautifully pressed (even nightgowns & P.J's).. Only send my daytime washable's & all DH's shirts & wasable trousers out..Only mistake I made first time was listing some of my tops as T-shirts instead of blouses & they were returned folded rather than pressed..Second time I listed them as blouses as I always hang my tops & press a few of them..

Have never sent my evening washable's out, as would rather hand wash & dry most of them on low heat..

Enjoy your cruise..Betty

Just checked our Account from our April/May 2006 trip on the Prinsendam to the Amazon..We did laundry twice for $12.00 per bag..

The bags look small but you can stuff lots in them..You have to roll the clothes tightly & stuff socks & small item in the corners etc..My DH helped me stuff as he's stronger than me & very good at stuffing..LOL..The bags were so heavy thought they would tear but they held together..Everything came back beautifully pressed (even nightgowns & P.J's).. Only send my daytime washable's & all DH's shirts & wasable trousers out..Only mistake I made first time was listing some of my tops as T-shirts instead of blouses & they were returned folded rather than pressed..Second time I listed them as blouses as I always hang my tops & press a few of them..

Have never sent my evening washable's out, as would rather hand wash & dry most of them on low heat..

Enjoy your cruise..Betty[/quote

Serendipity - thanks for the tip & info. We're taking our teenage sons so they'll be plenty of laundry to send out. How many tops and pants do you think you can stuff into 1 bag?

Have a wonderful trip, Ed & Bev!

Let us know how it goes, and let us know the deal on the laundry charges.

Dear innlady1 & all,

Thank you for your greetings. Yes, in less than 24 hours we will be onboard the Noordam for the first time.

We have done the Laundry Thing in the past with other HAL Ships. We did use the Single Bag at the beginning but when we started to take 11 days trips we opted for the Flat Rate Cruisewide Laundry. We found it was better in the long run.

I will very much attempt to post results from the onboard rate sheet. I am the type that take's one of everything for reference.

Just give me time after returning to get my act together back on land.

Regards,

(Ed & Bev)

Serendipity - thanks for the tip & info. We're taking our teenage sons so they'll be plenty of laundry to send out. How many tops and pants do you think you can stuff into 1 bag?

I'm sorry but really can't remember.:confused: .We had a great deal of extra clothes:( (much more than we needed) ..The cloth bag is long & narrow..

Know we sent a couple of pairs of DH's slacks, some shirts, my tops & shorts along with underware & socks...I really wanted to get the underware, socks, & nightclothes done as well as DH's formal shirts, since we had 5 formal nights & only three formal shirts with us..DH has long arms & he was good at pushing the clothes down, so there were no air pockets left;) ..Suggest you get one of your son's to help you stuff....It might be worth it for you to do the weekly rate..Check the book that is on your desk in your cabin for the weekly rate..

Another trick is to have your DH wear a sport shirt for a casual dinner & hang it up for him to wear it the next day...This way only need one clean shirt each night & don't need two shirts per day..

But don't think that will work with son's!...My son, when he was a teen, (He's 43 now) would never be caught dead in a dress shirt during the day..It was always T-shirts & jeans during the day & dress shirt & casual slacks or suit at night..He loved dressing up in a suit,when we travelled, but let his friends see him: horrors..

Next cruise I'll try to write down how many things we stuffed in one bag & post when I get back after Thanksgiving, but that may be too late for some of you..

Enjoy your cruise..:)

Serendipity - you are so sweet to volunteer to see how much you can stuff into a bag, thank you, but we'll be on our cruise for Thanksgiving too. We're on the Nov. 15th Carib 10 day cruise on the Noordam. As I read what you wrote about how your soon was as a teen, I shook my head, that's my oldest son. Now my little one (13 yrs old) does nothing but sulk and argue when it comes to dressing up and he considers dressing up is wearing anything but a tee and jeans. ugh!

Archived