DH & I are not checking in together

ahoys

Has anyone else had this situation? Our names are on the docs together, (one document booklet) but we're checking in at two different times. When we called Carnival, we were told that if we have our FunPasses printed out there won't be a problem. However, someone on this board said that Tampa embarkation employees would not let them go up to check in without the blue document booklet. I'm thinking of taking the blue document folder when I go on first, then having my cell phone handy if my DH calls to tell me they won't let him upstairs. Has anyone else sailed from Tampa with this situation?

I have the same problem. There are 5 of us. One of my kids are going in with my parents, who live in Florida. The Legend can only hold 4 to a cabin. I also called carnival and I was told as long as you have a fun pass printed out you don't need a ticket to board the ship. Your name is in the computer, and to show her fun pass when I check in and they will also check her in, and she can board the ship with us. They say it happends a lot. I just saw you also were on the costa Flavia. That brings back a lot of memories. I was around 14, that ship was a lot different than the ships of today

We had a similar situation. Boys and I were driving to New Orleans (a day ahead) from home. Hubby was flying to New Orleans from San Francisco (the day of) because he had to work there up until the time for our cruise.

He wasn't getting in until 1pm and of course, we wanted to be on the ship having a good time by then...and not waiting for him to get there from the airport. (worrying about him flying in the day of)

We had decided to wait at the entrance until he got there.

As it turned out, he was able to fly in a day ahead and we picked him up at the airport. so no worries

DqALEX: yes, the Flavia was my first cruise. We were 10 sorority sisters on that little tub of a boat, and at the time I was sorry our 4 day cruise wasn't a 3 day one. But we girls made our own fun, and had a good time nonetheless. If I had not tried another cruise a few years later, I would bet it would have been my first and only cruise. But when I tried again, I got hooked! Now I look back at that cruise and laugh....

I'm going to assume that Carnival will indeed let my DH on with just a FunPass. In Tampa, they check your docs before letting you go upstairs to the checkin counter. I only hope they let him go. I'll stay close to the cell phone and go to the purser's desk if he calls to tell me there's a problem.

I wish we could check in together, but he has to work that morning. I didn't really want to wait around his office while he worked, and the rest of our group will be boarding early.

Guest YesitDonna

I book last minute all the time and most times they don't have time to get my Docs to me before I leave. I just had my funpass printed, which you cann print more then one, and showed it at the door.

In March we had a similar situation, and one person was allowed to check in prior to the other. When the 2nd person arrived they showed them the fun pass and were allowed to board. We did tell the officials when the 1st person checked in, that the 2nd person in that cabin would not be there until later.

DqALEX: yes, the Flavia was my first cruise. We were 10 sorority sisters on that little tub of a boat, and at the time I was sorry our 4 day cruise wasn't a 3 day one. But we girls made our own fun, and had a good time nonetheless. If I had not tried another cruise a few years later, I would bet it would have been my first and only cruise. But when I tried again, I got hooked! Now I look back at that cruise and laugh....

I'm going to assume that Carnival will indeed let my DH on with just a FunPass. In Tampa, they check your docs before letting you go upstairs to the checkin counter. I only hope they let him go. I'll stay close to the cell phone and go to the purser's desk if he calls to tell me there's a problem.

I wish we could check in together, but he has to work that morning. I didn't really want to wait around his office while he worked, and the rest of our group will be boarding early.

I feel the same way about waiting. My Parents who knows when they will arive. I love my parents but I love to cruise also. The ship waits for no one and either do I. If they don't make it on the ship on time My DW will have to stay in my parents room with my DD.

The Flavia was so small. I like the fact that the Capt. and the officers would mix with the passengers. That was a whole different cruise.

Archived