Fort Lauderdale Hotels

KC Dan

We are on the Navigator for the 2/18/07 cruise. It has been awhile since we sailed out of Port Everglades. We are flying in 2/17. Any suggestions for a hotel with shuttle to the cruise port? I believe we stayed a Marriott previously, but I can't remember the name.

Don't believe any of the hotels run a shuttle to the pier, but cab fare from the Embassy Suites, Marriott, and Pier 66 is only @ $10. If you're using rssc air they'll put you up at the Embassy suites for the night with bus transport to the pier @ 1400 the day of departure. We've taken a cab from Embassy Suite before, because we were meeting debarking pax at the pier and the fare was only $10. Our luggage was transferred by rssc.

Unless things have changed since this past March, Embassy Suites will provide a shuttle to the pier. We stayed there in March and planned to taxi to the pier because we prefer that to waiting for a shuttle to load/unload and the price is very reasonable for a taxi from that location as Doug mentioned. When we asked for a taxi, the bellman told us to just hop on the shuttle and he would take us--we waited just a moment for one other couple to board and we were off and delivered to the pier.

We like staying there for several reasons--mainly sentimental. It was where we stayed before our first cruise about 13 years ago. We love going back to the mexican restaurant just across the street (Carlos and Pepe's). There is also a new shopping area right behind the hotel that was convenient for a few of the things I inevitably forget to pack!

Jacki

I have the Marriott Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Aiport & Cruise Port booked for next spring. The following is from their website. I have never stayed here before but liked the free shuttle services to both locations.

400 Gulf Stream Way

Dania Beach, FL

"Just off I-95, minutes away from Port Everglades with free transportion to the Port and free shuttle service to and from the airport."

Archived