Available Shore Excursions

happy cruzin

Well...Shore excursions are finally available for some of our ports for our Legend cruise is Feb 07.

For about 3 weeks, when I look on the shore excursions page and choose Colon, Panama the only excursion listed is golf. None of the excursions that include the Canal are listed :( . Do the excursions typically show one at a time as they become available - or is golf the only excursion that will be offered by Carnival for that stop ? :confused:

Since I have never booked excursions through Carnival, I'm just not sure what to expect.

I am also booked on the legend in feb 07 the 20th to the 28th and i have been watching to see when they would post the panama canel excursion as well as Costa Rica and Balize as well . I called Carnival and all they could tell me is keep checking back .I have read on other post that they have to redo the contracts for 07 with the different vendors and as they settle them they will post them .Well I hope they do it soon cause i'm ready to go hotels and flights are booked all thats left to do is book some shore excursions and pack :)

Is the phrase "show excursions"...and is there a specific dollar amount? [some excursions aren't shown until a later date]

The term for Panama and Belize is "Add Excursions" the others still say "View Excursions".

Although it seems goofy I just wondered if "golf" is the only excursion that was going to be available since it is the only one listed. The is a big disclaimer at the top of the page that not all excursions are available for all sailings.....

Oh well, I will keep checking!

I am also booked on the legend in feb 07 the 20th to the 28th and i have been watching to see when they would post the panama canel excursion as well as Costa Rica and Balize as well . I called Carnival and all they could tell me is keep checking back .I have read on other post that they have to redo the contracts for 07 with the different vendors and as they settle them they will post them .Well I hope they do it soon cause i'm ready to go hotels and flights are booked all thats left to do is book some shore excursions and pack :)

Yes, I was told basically the same thing about 8 weeks ago. I have not called the Shore Excursions Department again because they were less than helpful last time I tried to discuss it with them. All he could say was that I should see options "soon" - but could not define soon.

For our sailing (2/4 - 2/12) there are options for Belize and Panama available. But for Panama only the golf shows and I'm fairly certain that will not be our only choice. I just think it is weird that they would post them one at a time, so to speak. Rather than as a bunch - when they were all available. The other thing that concerns me is that there is a big disclaimer at the top of the page that clearly states that all excursions are not available for all sailings. This part is new to me because I have never booked excursions through Carnival before.

I just don't like the idea of going to Panama and not getting to see the canal :eek: - so we are anxious to make our arrangement as soon as we can.

I guess I'll keep checking too. Thanks :D

I spoke with customer service. The 180 day out to book is not true. As the excursions become available they willl come up... This particular cruise they said information is coming in slowly....

Thanks for the update!

Yes I found that out too! 180 days does not really mean that you can book 180 days out :rolleyes: . 180 days only applies if they excursions are available - which I have come to understand means contracted.

The "Shore Excursions Department" told me that the ones for our sailings were not available yet because they were still negotiating the rates for 2007. So I'll keep checking....hopefully they will show soon so that I can mark something else off of the "to be done" list ;)

Archived