When is Spring Break?

cdnliving

Pretty much anytime in March and April is going to be Spring Break. I think the majority are between the 3rd week of March and 2nd week of April, but some will be the 2nd week of March and 3rd week of April. You should be able to find Independent School District websites and find the calender listing when their specific break is.

Can someone tell me the dates of the various Spring Breaks so we can better plan our cruise. Our kids are in private schools and their break is different/longer than many others. We'd like to travel when there are other children aboard. Thanks....

Colleges and Universities across the country will have Spring Break anytime from the last week of February until the week after Easter.

If you cruise during these dates expect "Spring Breakers".

:cool: :eek:

The majority of the US is from the first week of March through the end of April, but some can go from the third week of February all the way through the second week of May. It's fairly safe to say that you wouldn't be able to tell any difference outside of the third week of March through the second week of April, that's the worst period.

"Energy Conservation Week"?????????????????

We call it "Ski Week", and some school boards (at least here in California) are thinking of doing away with it altogether, starting with the 2007/08 school year.

T

Yeah, don't you just love that one???

Apparently, they decided to start closing for one week in February to "conserve" heat during the cold, winter months.

Yeah, don't you just love that one???

Apparently, they decided to start closing for one week in February to "conserve" heat during the cold, winter months.

The funny thing is when I was in school, the public schools did not get this week. I was in Catholic school and we did. (in NYC anyway). Now they all do.

It seems that for most all public elementary and high schools in the midwest, spring break will be either the week before Easter or Easter week---Easter Sunday is April 8. You might find a very few that have spring break in March, but it would probably the last week of March. I handle negotiations for teacher contracts, so I see many school district contracts that include the school calendar, and from what I've seen, a vast majority of school systems will have their break either the last week of March or the first week of April. I've not seen any public districts that have break the first two weeks of March.

Can someone tell me the dates of the various Spring Breaks so we can better plan our cruise. Our kids are in private schools and their break is different/longer than many others. We'd like to travel when there are other children aboard. Thanks....

If you check your school board's website, it will list when the Spring Break is. I know our's in Mississauga (Ontario) is March 12 -16 inclusive.

Not sure where you are located, but check out the website it will list the holidays.

Archived