Upgrade Fairy Strikes Again & Again & Again & Again!

jean95404

We're taking our family with us on the Diamond's January 13th cruise to the Mexican Riviera and booked AE guarantee mini-suites. Just found out all four mini-suites were bumped up to AA's Dolphin deck midship!!!!

Don't know (or care) what the reason is. I'm just doing my "YIPPEE" dance with wild abandon.:D :D :D

We're taking our family with us on the Diamond's January 13th cruise to the Mexican Riviera and booked AE guarantee mini-suites. Just found out all four mini-suites were bumped up to AA's Dolphin deck midship!!!!

Don't know (or care) what the reason is. I'm just doing my "YIPPEE" dance with wild abandon.:D :D :D

That's great news...but all it means is that you will be mid ship on Dolphin Deck...let's see if they upgarde you again into a FULL SUITE and that would be a coup!Tony

That's great news...but all it means is that you will be mid ship on Dolphin Deck...let's see if they upgarde you again into a FULL SUITE and that would be a coup!Tony

Great news! :)

Is this your first Princess cruise?

No Psee, it isn't. Our first cruise was on the Sapphire last March. We thought then that we would love to have our kids experience what we did. My husband, a former Navy Corpsman, didn't even want to go on that cruise. He said he'd been on enough cruises to last him a lifetime and felt he would get bored, etc. etc.

Boy, did his tune change! He loved it.

So, for our anniversay present to ourselves, we are taking our sons, daughters-in-law, grand-daughter and my mother on the Diamond. Only two of them have been on a cruise before.

This is going to be a blast! Again, my YIPPEE dance music is starting! LOL

However, I am not thinking it will happen. We started out with two mini's (E728 an E731) and two oceanview with balcony suites. Then the two balconys were bumped up to mini's. Then we all went from AE to AA. Mid-ship is good for us. I can't imagine anyone on the ship being so bored that they would waste time looking down onto our balconies. Poor them if they are.

However, I am not thinking it will happen. We started out with two mini's (E728 an E731) and two oceanview with balcony suites. Then the two balconys were bumped up to mini's. Then we all went from AE to AA. Mid-ship is good for us. I can't imagine anyone on the ship being so bored that they would waste time looking down onto our balconies. Poor them if they are.

E728 and E731 are two of the most coveted cabins on the ship. Both are covered minisuites on the Emerald Deck. All minsuites on the Dolphin Deck have completely open balconies. Even more important, Both E728 and E731 have wrap around balconies, which are twice as big as balconies on all other minisuites and give you both side and aft views. MIght work out better for you if all your AA cabins are together, but I would take the AE cabins any day.

I have one of these cabins booked for a cruise in January 2007 on the Crown. Booked over one year in advance to get this cabin. I made sure that my TA specified no upgrade on my reservation.

"E728 and E731 are two of the most coveted cabins on the ship. Both are covered minisuites on the Emerald Deck. All minsuites on the Dolphin Deck have completely open balconies. Even more important, Both E728 and E731 have wrap around balconies, which are twice as big as balconies on all other minisuites and give you both side and aft views. MIght work out better for you if all your AA cabins are together, but I would take the AE cabins any day."

Why ruin the happy dance????????

Check out these pictures of the same minisuite on the Caribbean Princess

http://community.webshots.com/album/290527980oqveMZ

These cabins are really in demand, so I'm surprised the OP had these cabins "by chance". His upgrade made someone else getting these cabins, very very happy;)

The OP didn't have these cabins. They had four AE guarantee bookings so their chances of actually getting these cabins was very slim. If you have a guarantee you get something in that category, if available, or higher. With that in mind, they got a great upgrade.

However, I am not thinking it will happen. We started out with two mini's (E728 an E731)and two oceanview with balcony suites. Then the two balconys were bumped up to mini's. Then we all went from AE to AA. Mid-ship is good for us. I can't imagine anyone on the ship being so bored that they would waste time looking down onto our balconies. Poor them if they are.

The OP didn't have these cabins. They had four AE guarantee bookings so their chances of actually getting these cabins was very slim. If you have a guarantee you get something in that category, if available, or higher. With that in mind, they got a great upgrade.

Sounds to me like they had them:rolleyes: On the Diamond E728 and E731 are the only 2 AE catagory minisuites.

E728 and E731 are two of the most coveted cabins on the ship. Both are covered minisuites on the Emerald Deck. All minsuites on the Dolphin Deck have completely open balconies. Even more important, Both E728 and E731 have wrap around balconies, which are twice as big as balconies on all other minisuites and give you both side and aft views. MIght work out better for you if all your AA cabins are together, but I would take the AE cabins any day.QUOTE]

Isn't it the E730, not the E728 along with E731 on the starboard side that is bigger. E728 looks like it has the same size balcony as the rest in that section on the Emerald deck.

My daughter has booked E730 for her wedding cruise on August 10, 2007 because of the size of that balcony and it being completely covered. When her TA asked if she would want an upgrade she said absolutely not. According to the TA, if you don't tell them when you book you don't want an upgrade, they may do it on their own. Then when the TA gets notified about the upgrade and she calls the client-- if they don't want the upgrade, by the time the TA calls Princess back, sometimes it's too late. It's already gone.

E728 and E731 are two of the most coveted cabins on the ship. Both are covered minisuites on the Emerald Deck. All minsuites on the Dolphin Deck have completely open balconies. Even more important, Both E728 and E731 have wrap around balconies, which are twice as big as balconies on all other minisuites and give you both side and aft views. MIght work out better for you if all your AA cabins are together, but I would take the AE cabins any day.QUOTE]

Isn't it the E730, not the E728 along with E731 on the starboard side that is bigger. E728 looks like it has the same size balcony as the rest in that section on the Emerald deck.

My daughter has booked E730 for her wedding cruise on August 10, 2007 because of the size of that balcony and it being completely covered. When her TA asked if she would want an upgrade she said absolutely not. According to the TA, if you don't tell them when you book you don't want an upgrade, they may do it on their own. Then when the TA gets notified about the upgrade and she calls the client-- if they don't want the upgrade, by the time the TA calls Princess back, sometimes it's too late. It's already gone.

It's different depending on the ship. On some of the grand class ships, there is no E730, so E728 is the last cabin on the port side. As long as it is the most AFT minisuite on the Emerald Deck of the Grand Class ships, it is the one with the big balcony.

It's different depending on the ship. On some of the grand class ships, there is no E730, so E728 is the last cabin on the port side. As long as it is the most AFT minisuite on the Emerald Deck of the Grand Class ships, it is the one with the big balcony.

Yes, I know that and I specifically checked the Diamond Princess.

E730 on the Diamond Princess is an aft suite. The numbers are different on all ships.

Archived