CARNIVAL (elation) Review

rucruizin

Well folks, just had to say that I am so happy to be back on Carnival. Cabin steward did a great job...wasn't very personable but his work was outstanding. Dining room service...again...outstanding. Our asst. waiter was not only sweet as could be, she was just wonderful. Alin our head waiter was extremely experienced and was right on top of things. He had a little bit of a weird attitude with all of us and I couldn't always tell if he was kidding, or being a jerk. Oh well...he was great otherwise. The food was good, some dishes were outstanding but I felt overall it was very consistent.

After 24 hours on the ship I remembered why they called it the fun ship. We met so many really neat people. We found ourselves hanging around with a much younger crowd and they were just a blast. Everyone is so nice, so outgoing. People standing next to you in line just start talking and I would find myself an hour later....still talking about everything under the sun.

The staff did a really great job with the shows, I thought. You know, once you've been on 13 cruises the shows all seem to be pretty much the same... having said that, we found ourselves going to the shows. They were so upbeat, high energy, flashy, fun. After the shows we were so pumped up that we felt the need to release our energy in the disco. I never went to bed before 1:00-1:30am.

It had been a while since we had been on this class of ship and when we walked into the cabin my DH grumbled for a few minutes. The cabins are smaller than the recent one's and the lack of a balcony was certainly something we missed. By the next night we had settled comfortably in, and the cabin size was sufficient for our needs. The ship its self is in great shape I thought. You know there were some minor things...varnish was thin in some areas, some carpet stains were evident...things like that. BUT if you are the type of person who spends your vacations looking for that sort of thing...you are missing out on a whole lot of really good stuff.

Oh yeah, Jorge our cruise director...he was hysterical. Yeah, I really don't care much about most cruise directors but this guy...I'd go watch him every night.

The gym...for those who are interested...it's very nice. Most of the equipment looked brand new. I went, I saw...I took a nap. I'm not gonna lie, I usually work out religiously, but this time...when it came time to go hit hte gym...I took a nap instead. And I feel GREAT!

The weather was exquisite, the water was beautiful, the islands were a blast.

If I think of anything else I wanted to say, I'll come back and let you know.

Feel free to ask questions.

In conclusion I want to say again, CARNIVAL not only offers the most bang for your buck...I think that for that buck I have received far better service and food on this cruise than the cruises I previously took with Princess, or Holland. Now, please don't get me wrong...I'm not bashing them. I had a great time on both of those cruises but I felt the service in comparison, just didn't stack up to what I have experienced on Carnival. The people seem to be more friendly, more outgoing, just a happier bunch in general.

What a great vacation...

This morning when my alarm clock went off at 6:00am, I rolled over and looked at it and said, "I HATE you!";)

Thanks for your review, looking forward to sailing her in January :) I do have one question, does the Elation have the new mini-golf like the Fantasy does? Thanks in advance for your answer:)

Yes, didn't use it but I saw it...pretty cute.

Archived