Pre-requesting Shore Excursion

cruisingnana

That's what I needed to know. Some cruise lines wait until your cruise and then charge it to your card. I thinks that's what RCL does, but this way we'll have part of our charges pre-paid. That will help with the final bill!

If it hasn't changed, it likely will... problems were coming up with people prebooking excursions and then the excursion selling out, only to have half the people not show up... I would imagine most will be going to a prepaid system if they haven't already.

That's what I needed to know. Some cruise lines wait until your cruise and then charge it to your card. I thinks that's what RCL does, but this way we'll have part of our charges pre-paid. That will help with the final bill!

Also, if you need to change your excursion or cancel it, it goes right back to your card prior to sailing or to your S&S while you are on the ship. Easy!

RCCL charges them immediately also and does not wait for your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

i booked excursions online for my upcoming cruise.

they charged my card right away.

this makes sense but it also makes me feel uncomfortable that they charge right away. i mean i understand it makes it more like a reservation but when i was on costa we booked our excursions online and were charged to our onboard accounts.

one excursion we were on was cancled (surf too high) and we were simply not charged on our onboard account.

with charging for excursions before you go, even before you step foot on the ship it makes me aprehensive about what kind of fight am i going to have to put up to get my money back if the excursion is cancled or we miss the port.

what sucked on costa is that you were charged no matter if you showed up or not to your excursion. and if you missed it for whatever reason, slept in, sick, forgot, you were s.o.l. however if you plan on not going, you must tell them within 24 hours to not get charged. furthermore, if you were sick (like my brother) and miss an excursion, and are within the 24 hour frame (my bro got sick at midnight, excursion was at 9am, no time to cancle) you need to go see the dr which costs 50-75 just to get a 'note' to get not charged. ya spend 50 to save 30, i think not. he ate it, it wasnt a big deal it just sucked.

this prevents everyone and their grandma from booking whatever they feel then changing on a whim the day of.

We cruised Alaska this past summer on Princess and pre-booked all of our tours about 3 months prior to departure. We were not billed until our cruise was over and it was on our final charges.

Don't know what other lines are doing.

I think that unless you have a very specific tour you absolutely want it is not necessary to pre-book. I've never had a problem booking a tour onboard if it was booked the first day or so of the cruise.

Good luck.

Maryjo

Archived