QM2 9/30 Dress-up Evenings?

FreshStarts

Hello,

I'm hoping for some help outlining the evening dress codes for the 12-day Splendors of Fall cruise on the QM2 leaving 9/30.

I only booked last Tuesday and I'm still waiting for the information packet from Cunard -- but I need to pack :(

Also, since I've only sailed trans-atlantic before, any information you can pass on about life on board while other go to shore.....

So, any help would be most appreciated. I have only recently discovered this site and it's a life-saver! I was headed to Red Hook before reading about the QM2 leaving from Bayonne :)

Obviously, I need help!

Hi FreshStarts. Welcome to the September 30 cruise on the QM2. According to the information sent by Cunard, there will be four formal nights, one informal night and seven casual nights.

Join our Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=386037

Bob has posted some wonderful information about all the ports of call on the Roll Call. If you choose to stay on the ship while others go to the port, there will be some activities planned, but not nearly as many as on days at sea.

Yes, this cruise is leaving from Bayonne, New Jersey. Glad you were able to get some helpful information on Cruise Critic.

Beth

Hi Fresh Starts...Welcome Aboard!

Please join about a dozen of your Shipmates from the 30 Sept. sailing on our Roll Call Board @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=386037

We've compiled just about all the information that you will need. We are planning a little get-together Sunday afternoon at 1400 hours in the Commodore Club.

To answer your immediate question...there are 4 Formal nights; 1 Informal Night; and 7 (!) Casual Nights. There has been no indication how this will work with 8 port calls plus sailaway evening. Our pre-cruise documents list a Black & White, Ascot, and Masked Ball...so the 4th Formal night is a mystery. But the Roll Call is where all the scuttlebutt is discussed. You may also want to check the Oct. 12 Roll Call...they have the same itinerary, and have done a lot of research also.

Again, Welcome!. If you need more information, contact me directly at sfbobby AT aol DOT com.

Cheers,

Bob Ring

:cool:

Thanks for the information. I spoke to Cunard and we will most likely not get any documentation before boarding. Oh, well ...

We'll look for you at 1400 on Sunday in the Commodore Club -- a favorite!

Enjoy the next few days of anticipation!

Joanne

Archived