Diving in Cozumel?

kbknepp

Has anyone done the RCI dive excursion in Cozumel? I want to dive, but was unsure whether I should book through the cruise ship or independently. The price doesn't seem bad, but I thought I'd see if anyone had done it.

Also, we are also stopping in Costa Maya and Honduras. Would anyone recommend those over Cozumel? I really only want to dive one day and I'd like it to be the best experience possible.

The best kept secret, in the world, is that Roatan is the third best scuba locale in the World. Period. End of conversation.

There are 54 distinct dive locales off the shores of Roatan. If you search some of the major scuba sites, you will find a world of info on Roatan.

One of my clients is a renowned underwater photographer. He takes two trips a year to Roatan because of the photo opportunites, varieties of coral and fish.

We have taken the Cozumel dive through RCI several times. We think the reef is beautiful there! (The secret to the current is to not fight it, just let it carry you.) We have also done the one in Costa Maya, and it is the same reef, so also beautiful! We have never been to Roatan, so I can't comment on it, but would try it based on what Jim said in the above post. I don't think you will go wrong by picking any of the sights!

Kathy

event.png

• 1 month later...

Archived