HAL's Great Barrier Reef precruise...

Cruisetrekker

I was wondering about the first day in Sydney. What time is the city tour in the afternoon and how long does it last ? I hope to fit in a Bridge Climb . What time should I book it for ? Or is there any time for it at all left? Next day we fly to Cairns..

Lee

Lee: I don't know what specific city tour you are thinking of but you need to allow approx. 4 hours for the Bridge climb. There's preparation and instruction time, suiting up, then the climb itself. There's photo op time when you reach the top, then time to develop the photos when you get back. There is also a store right there that sells all kinds of Bridge climb souvenirs if you want to browse afterwards.

Do you have a full day in Sydney THEN an overnight? There is so much to do. The bridge climb can be awesome but it will take up a lot of your time if you only have one full day. If you can tell me more of your interests and time constraints I may be able to make some suggestions if you'd like.

Have you checked some of the other threads on Australia/New Zealand -- check the one "Sydney in 2 days--what not to miss" for some suggestions.

(P.S. I am originally from Sydney.)

Archived